1.5 MM Blade Crimps too long

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack123455

Reaction score
Hello all

I have made the error of ordering 500 XL blade 1.5 mm crimps. Question is can I nip 1mm off the end of the crimp to shorten them to use.

In theory it should be fine just want to make sure I am not overlooking any issues further down the line.

The crimp will still be made the same and structurally sound just need to shorten the XL blade to a L with a sip.

Thanks all.

If I’m understanding you correct, this is a red flat blade crimp, if so I see no probs in cutting a mm of the flat blade length, done it many times, important thing is that you are using ratchet crimpers and not a cheap set of so called crimping pliers that you get for £1.99.

Last edited:
Yes would be a good set of snips and a clean cut. Integrity of the crimp is the same. There just a touch too long. I couldn’t see an issue myself but as there are a lot smarter people I thought I would get some opinions

that’s the basic shape. So essentially cutting a mm off the end 20F72506-A67B-48E4-8FA6-2B2A00517BB2.jpeg

Would still use ratchet crimpers to make the connection and get a good hold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts