17 Edition C/u

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Low Voltage

Reaction score
Hello to all just found this site looks good, nice to see that we have sensible guys on this site not like the sfix site!.

What are the general thoughts on the prices of the new boards especially with the credit crunch biting into the pockets of all.

How much on average are you guys charging for the new board with test & cert. I think the costs are going to be

HI, I am also new to this forum but have been watching Sfix for a while but chose not to get involved in the constant slanging matches. I'm only interested in sensible advice and some friendly banter and so far this site looks spot on.

With regards to 17th boards I have fitted 2 so far and got them from CEF. They are CGN (or CNG I can't quite remember) which are not the best but need to stay competitive and don't like the idea of a Dual RCD. I am paying

Welcome to the forum, Gentlemen.

"I'm only interested in sensible advice and some friendly banter"

You'll love it here then. Wait until the night shift Guys come on. :D

Hello to all just found this site looks good, nice to see that we have sensible guys on this site not like the sfix site!.What are the general thoughts on the prices of the new boards especially with the credit crunch biting into the pockets of all.

How much on average are you guys charging for the new board with test & cert. I think the costs are going to be

HI, I am also new to this forum but have been watching Sfix for a while but chose not to get involved in the constant slanging matches. I'm only interested in sensible advice and some friendly banter and so far this site looks spot on.
Welcome G-Spark :D

Sensible advice????? hmmmm??? :p

well the most sensible thing I can tell you is...

NEVER go right to the back of Theorys cave!.. No one knows what he keeps in there.. he says its a PIG!? ?:| But I don't believe him! X(

NEVER upset the Don... unless you want a pair of concrete safety shoes! :eek:

Only offer to move slipshods barrow if its downhill.... (M107 did his back in trying to push him up hill last week! :( )

DON'T interrupt Welshy if its "Twix time"... get no sense out of him!!! :p

Take on board everything KME says...... But NOT if he's already started his evening "Guinness rations"! :_|

DON'T even think about nickin any copper back out of Steptoes yard... He'll pin you down with an Earth rod... then he'll be on the blower to the Don.

If you ever get a chance to have some of Mr Sworld Ice cream.... take the biggest bowl you can find an fill it to the brim!! :x :x:) :) :)

If Admin2 tells you anything.. DON'T ARGUE back!! :eek: :O

other than that.....

its as easy as falling off a log!! :D :^O:^O:^O:^O

Did I hear someone say Ice-cream is on the menu?

Strawberry for me pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeee.

Welcome LV & G-spark

as you mat already know,

NOT everyone agrees with me that much,

BUT,

I only speak my opinion and my mind.

there is NO SUCH THING as a 17th edd board.

its only down to how you want to split it up,

in fact its pretty similar to how you would do a TT board except for substituting RCBOs for MCBs.

anywhere from

as you mat already know,NOT everyone agrees with me that much,

BUT,

I only speak my opinion and my mind.

there is NO SUCH THING as a 17th edd board.

its only down to how you want to split it up,

in fact its pretty similar to how you would do a TT board except for substituting RCBOs for MCBs.
I would have to say that I agree with you on that one.. Mr Steptoe :D

Bit like 17th edition tester???

like whats the extra test needed that 16th didn't have????.. ;)

other than noting 3-phase rotation? ?:| ? :| :)

I would have to say that I agree with you on that one.. Mr Steptoe :D Bit like 17th edition tester???

like whats the extra test needed that 16th didn't have????.. ;)

other than noting 3-phase rotation? ?:| ? :| :)
oh, yes, that 3ph rotation thingy that Im always banging on about as being good on the fluke 53 or whatever it is,,,,

didnt realise you can get it on those testy testy stick things for about 40squid.....

so maybe Im mellowing a bit or something,

but if Mrs S gives me some spare copper this week Im gonna buy one, super quick easy way to verify the rotation without needing the meter out,! :D

oh, yes, that 3ph rotation thingy that Im always banging on about as being good on the fluke 53 or whatever it is,,,,didnt realise you can get it on those testy testy stick things for about 40squid.....

so maybe Im mellowing a bit or something,

but if Mrs S gives me some spare copper this week Im gonna buy one, super quick easy way to verify the rotation without needing the meter out,! :D
Make that

suppose you'll be wanting me to throw away me neon next??????

still wouldnt trust them too much, but for rotation at that price seems excellent compared with the difference in meters to do it.

suppose you'll be wanting me to throw away me neon next??????still wouldnt trust them too much, but for rotation at that price seems excellent compared with the difference in meters to do it.
Too flippin right I do! On the one hand we`re talking about the example we set; then you open your box, and pull out an everloving NEON!!!

Why wouldn`t you "trust them too much"? Can`t see the workings? Can`t feel the frying sensation in your fingertip, cos the resistor has gone s/c?

Come on m8. We`ll drag you into this century, for your own good :) :) :)

Too flippin right I do! On the one hand we`re talking about the example we set; then you open your box, and pull out an everloving NEON!!!Why wouldn`t you "trust them too much"? Can`t see the workings? Can`t feel the frying sensation in your fingertip, cos the resistor has gone s/c?

Come on m8. We`ll drag you into this century, for your own good :) :) :)
havent you ever used your neon and pushed your thumb onto the earth just to feel it????

dont lie, of course you have,

just to make it glow a little bit brighter and make it flash!!!!!!!!!