17th cable sizes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copdog

Reaction score
What do you peeps think about the derating of t&e in thermal insulation in the 17th ? , my niceic area guy told me that it will have to be 4mm rings for 32a 0r 4mm 20a radials for power and 10mm run in conduit for showers over 40a. What joy !!

What do you peeps think about the derating of t&e in thermal insulation in the 17th ? , my niceic area guy told me that it will have to be 4mm rings for 32a 0r 4mm 20a radials for power and 10mm run in conduit for showers over 40a. What joy !!
OR..

ensure the cables are not completely covered by thermal insulation..

and/or clipped so as touching an inner wall/joist surface..

Table 4A2 gives four installation methods, 100,101,102 & 103 re flat T&E PVC,

the worst option being just "chuck it in" leaving it buried on all sides in insulation..? not clipped to any inner surface!

Me thinks need to create a bit more air space around cables..

e.g. the conduit option discussed above??? and a little more thought on cable routes and fixing method required... ?:| ? :|

Specs i always clip my lighting cables in lofts so they are touching the joists on one side. :D

after all what else can you do!. ; \

When you take the price of copper into consideration and the lack of resorces this would clearly show the 17th to be very unenviromentally friendly. X(

i dont think we should be increasing cable sizes if not warranted. ]:)