17th edition minor works

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eeb1933

Reaction score
Hi all just thought i'd say hello and post my first thread.

i've been asked to put a light in a broom cupboard in a hallway. no problem light in hallway 2 feet away to take a feed. Right here it comes board is not RCD the old wylex 8 way with retro fit. Done my 2382 in june but been on new builds and i know all circuits have to be rcd now. Asked my body and they say new cu, Told customer but their having non of it. Any of you had this? Is their no other way round this? ? ?:|

Hello mate and welcome to the forum :D

I'm not a spark but if you ran spur off lighting circuit to a RDC fused spur then to your new light and switch you'd probably be ok. If it's a broom cupboard it won't be on general view anyways

:D

Indeed Cheggers.

Apache's suggestion was decent also. :D

But I'd go for Cheggers' though. :)

Surface mount trunking would look crappy for 2 feet!
Not if you put it in the right places - and have a choice between that and a new CU, what do you think his client would go for?

Looped feed from existing light with ceiling-mounted pull-switch in broom cupboard. ;)
Very true too Pro. ;)

PS - Welcome to the forum, eeb1933.

take your lighting circuit out of the ccu put in a single rcbo resupply from existing fuse/mcb

your lighting circuit is now rcd protected or you could do the same with rcd fused spur

which ever is most cost effective

take your lighting circuit out of the ccu put in a single rcbo resupply from existing fuse/mcbyour lighting circuit is now rcd protected or you could do the same with rcd fused spurwhich ever is most cost effective
Indeed... Wylex CU lights probably 5a fuse anyway....

stick RCD/FCU 5a fuse...

Mind you could leave with 13a fuse cuz CU would provide overload protection..

RCD/FCU just providing RCD protection...

this would stick about

stick RCD/FCU 5a fuse...
I could put one on a Buy It Now or on auction - If you wish.

Same with a double RCD s/o. OP. ]:)