17th Edition Wiring regs.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still cant see this, seperate is an advantage for testing, but not good for electromagnetic interference . Or am missing something

I still cant see this, seperate is an advantage for testing, but not good for electromagnetic interference . Or am missing something
Have you looked in the BRB at Section 314 (page 39)?

ok i am, seperate reduces interferance, but also assist testing :( so non of the options are NOT a disadvantage
You're over-complicating it.

Read the question and four possible answers.

The question is asking you which is NOT a benefit of dividing the installation into circuits.

Now look at Section 314.

Answers A, B & C are listed word-for-word as benefits. Answer D is not and is therefore the correct answer to the question asked.

No but it's the only one of the 4 answers that's not in the list on page 39.

And yo would say that D is not a benifit ?
Actually now I come to think of it, how does dividing the installation up make testing easier?

Testing is testing, you're still doing the same tests no matter how many circuits there are. It doesn't get any easier just because you've added more circuits to the mix.

So yes, I would say that making testing easier is not a benefit of dividing an installation into circuits.

Actually, I was always under the impression that facilitate was just another way of saying "to make easier".To be honest with you, I don't think any of the answers are correct.
It all boils down to semantics.To facilitate something, is to make that something easier.

Answers A, B and C are direct quotes from BS7671, whereas answer D is just another way of saying to facilitate testing. The fact that the word safe has been left out doesn't really matter.A lot of these questions nowadays seem to be trick questions.
Its a bit like matching shapes and colours..

3 are listed word for word..

1 is not..

which one is the odd one out!!!

It only matters...

if you don't care about losing the mark cuz you are too stressed out on semantics..

make Safe testing easier is a big difference to making testing easier.

Its easier just to stick your drill in the socket to see if it works...

but of course it could be reversed polarity too high a ZS, too great a volt drop.... so maybe not safer?

but is was easy just plugging the drill in honest! :Blushing

So dividing an installation makes SAFE testing easier..

whereas

If you are doing UNSAFE testing is just as easy with on big circuit for the whole job!

simplesGuinness

:D