180v on control demand neutral,

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds as if the heating system has multiple supplies - possibly on different RCBO's etc.  It's a recipe for problems.   

Pick one supply point and test it properly (properly = not just with a high impedance voltmeter or a neon etc.)
Then connect the controller to it and see what happen on the outputs
If OK run supplies from the same point to the boiler and test that (with a link to fire up if you cant find a test mode).
If that's ok it should all work as expected when the controller is connected to the boiler

Last edited by a moderator:
Bearing in mind I know nothingI don't think you will have two supplies going to PCB, more like supply in, control,and pump out

what are you testing this 180V with?

if it's new isn't it better to get the installer back to,save voiding warranties etc?

bearing in mind I know little about these things BUT the installation manual only shows one supply ( pages 10/11 )

so my money's is on it being an electronic switch in the programmer ( as opposed to mechanical ) and there is a back feed /leakage big enough to trip an RCD/RCBO

is this your own boiler or a customers?.....just asking

It's all gone a bit quiet and there are so many outstanding unanswered questions

:popcorn

Probably ordered another boiler.....

And still awaiting its delivery..

Held up due to Covid and attempted Suez Canal hand-break turns with a massive container ship..

But I may be wrong ??  

:C

What is there to answer?? 

did we not get it right? 

therefore it would not be an answer but more of a ‘you told me so’ ? 
Ah yes, I should have written "reply" 😂Or courteous response, act of contrition etc

poor old "customer" spanked for a new boiler ???

Last edited by a moderator: