2 gang 2 way to 1 gang 2 way in single core?

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

a1pacino

Reaction score
Hi, ive got my 206 practical coming up in next 2 weeks its similar to the one welsh wizard posted except it has a 2 gang 2 way to 1 gang 2 way instead of two1 gang 2way's, could somone explain or have a wiring diagram for where goes where as im confused as to how to wire it.

thanks

mikey-c

Reaction score
Do you know why they want you to use 2gang?

Mine was the same as welsh's, 2 way control of the 2 luminaires. Do they want you to have separate control of the luminaires, with 1 as a 2 way?

a1pacino

Reaction score
yeh they want 2 gang to control 1 light and 2 gang 2 way to control both lights - I would be fine with just two 2 gangs but connecting the extra one has thrown me a bit!

mikey-c

Reaction score
Just think of the 1 way circuit in 1 gang, and then the 2 way in 1 gangs as well.

Then bring the 1 way next to the 2 way, making it a 2 gang. Hard to explain without drawings and waving my arms about.

You'll have a very short loop-in in the 2 gang box.

Reaction score
Hi, ive got my 206 practical coming up in next 2 weeks its similar to the one welsh wizard posted except it has a 2 gang 2 way to 1 gang 2 way instead of two1 gang 2way's, could somone explain or have a wiring diagram for where goes where as im confused as to how to wire it.thanks
Have they said, exactly - what they want you to do with the sitching? Is it two or three ceiling roses / batten holders that they want to put up?

a1pacino

Reaction score
its 2 batten holders coming off steel conduit-it was very similar to the 206 diagram papers that you posted its just got a 2 gang 2 way and a 1 gang 2 way instead of two 1 gang 2 ways