2 gang 2 way to 1 gang 2 way in single core?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1pacino

Reaction score
Hi, ive got my 206 practical coming up in next 2 weeks its similar to the one welsh wizard posted except it has a 2 gang 2 way to 1 gang 2 way instead of two1 gang 2way's, could somone explain or have a wiring diagram for where goes where as im confused as to how to wire it.

thanks

Do you know why they want you to use 2gang?

Mine was the same as welsh's, 2 way control of the 2 luminaires. Do they want you to have separate control of the luminaires, with 1 as a 2 way?

yeh they want 2 gang to control 1 light and 2 gang 2 way to control both lights - I would be fine with just two 2 gangs but connecting the extra one has thrown me a bit!

Just think of the 1 way circuit in 1 gang, and then the 2 way in 1 gangs as well.

Then bring the 1 way next to the 2 way, making it a 2 gang. Hard to explain without drawings and waving my arms about.

You'll have a very short loop-in in the 2 gang box.

Hi, ive got my 206 practical coming up in next 2 weeks its similar to the one welsh wizard posted except it has a 2 gang 2 way to 1 gang 2 way instead of two1 gang 2way's, could somone explain or have a wiring diagram for where goes where as im confused as to how to wire it.thanks
Have they said, exactly - what they want you to do with the sitching? Is it two or three ceiling roses / batten holders that they want to put up?

its 2 batten holders coming off steel conduit-it was very similar to the 206 diagram papers that you posted its just got a 2 gang 2 way and a 1 gang 2 way instead of two 1 gang 2 ways