2 question regard DNO and inverter

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy1733

Reaction score
Question 1 is.
Why does the DNO only allow 3.6kw feed back to the grid. Surely if folks fitted larger setups they would benefit from cheap leccy

Question 2. Just looking at my Solis 3.6 hybrid inverter which is located in my garage. The internal temperature is 51.4 degree. Is this running too high and could it cause problems with the unit.

Question 1 is.
Why does the DNO only allow 3.6kw feed back to the grid. Surely if folks fitted larger setups they would benefit from cheap leccy

Question 2. Just looking at my Solis 3.6 hybrid inverter which is located in my garage. The internal temperature is 51.4 degree. Is this running too high and could it cause problems with the unit.
despite having 60/80/100 amp main fuse in your house, the 3 phase grid netwrok in your road is designed with 'diversity' in mind. ie, not everyone will be using leccy all the time or at the same time. So, when designing your local network they only allow around 16A per house, especially in older hpusing areas. In more modern estates I believe that figure is higher, allowing for the fact we all use far more leccy than we used to.

My inverter has run at anything upto 70 C, it is also running at around 50 C today - don't worry about it, they will shut down if they get too hot to protect themselves.