2 way 2 light switching wiring diagram

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andson

Reaction score
could anyone help us out.. i want to wire in a double switch downstairs in the hall and one double switch upstairs on the landing, so i can operate either lamp from any switch? i realise i will have to run new cables.

cheers andy...

Hi, am i looking to deep into this.. i find it confusing is this right..

here i go..on the back of my double 2 way i have got my 2 seperate switches consisting of 2 commomns. two 1 ways and two 2 ways. do i run my 3 core and cpc from one switch ie (the left one) to the down stairs light fitting and from the other switch (the right one)to the upstairs light fitting. do i repeat upstairs making sure that the left switch again has to go to the downstairs light.

in my light fitting where do my three cables go ie: switch, loop and neutral?

cheers andy..

Hi, am i looking to deep into this.. i find it confusing is this right..here i go..on the back of my double 2 way i have got my 2 seperate switches consisting of 2 commomns. two 1 ways and two 2 ways. do i run my 3 core and cpc from one switch ie (the left one) to the down stairs light fitting and from the other switch (the right one)to the upstairs light fitting. do i repeat upstairs making sure that the left switch again has to go to the downstairs light.

in my light fitting where do my three cables go ie: switch, loop and neutral?

cheers andy..
STRAPPER WIRES:

Wire two three core's between the switches.

e.g. [ 'l/h up' to 'l/h down' ] and [ 'r/h up' to 'r/h down' ]

wire them [ 'C' - 'C' ], [ 'L1' - 'L1' ], [ 'L2' - 'L2' ]

SWITCH WIRES:

Then put the normal 2 switch wires from the light fittings across 'L1' & 'L2'

e.g. upstairs to l/h switch & downstairs to r/h switch...

(or vice versa!) :D