2330 Modules,

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L Plate

Reaction score
Hello and Evening all,

I was aiming high for my 203 and 205 exam today but I've got only pass for both exam , not much happy considering those late nights of revising, this year on my level 2 I've got D on installation and credit for my measurements and testing , both pass on 203 and 205 , whats next ???? I am aware that by September I will be doing my level 3 and at the same time I will have to take along the wiring regulation ??

Can anyone please a bit of info about whats next ...

again , thanks a lot for your help ..

Hi L plate,

i would appreciate some past 203 and 205 papers if you can email i would appreciate it as they are only round the corner for me tks email:[email protected]

regards

C

Hello and Evening all, I was aiming high for my 203 and 205 exam today but I've got only pass for both exam , not much happy considering those late nights of revising, this year on my level 2 I've got D on installation and credit for my measurements and testing , both pass on 203 and 205 , whats next ???? I am aware that by September I will be doing my level 3 and at the same time I will have to take along the wiring regulation ??

Can anyone please a bit of info about whats next ...

again , thanks a lot for your help ..
I presume you've also done your 201 & 204?

Up next is a lot of head-scratching, a lot of Maths and a lot of testing. You'll be using your BRB a lot, though you won't have to learn it to the same extent as you would on a 2382 course.

The level 3 is made up of 3 modules; AC Theory, Inspection & Testing, and Fault Finding.

AC Theory is exactly what it says on the tin - a lot of Maths, electronics, Health & Safety, three phase etc. It'll seem daunting at first but once you've got hold of the (many) different equations, and when to use them, you'll be fine. The exam for this is multiple-choice. It is (in my opinion) the biggest part of level 3 and will take up most of your revision time, but in a few months time when you've been taught everything that needs to be taught it'll be easy.

Inspection & Testing involves that, as well as cable calculations (volt drop, current carrying capacity, grouping/insulation etc factors, conduit & trunking calcs, earthing systems), and this is where you'll use the Regs the most. There's a 16 question 2 hour paper at the end of this, you can take your OSG and BRB in and again as long as your head is screwed on you'll be fine. There's also a planning exam, you'll be asked to go through CRIPPEL, list disconnection times etc and the meters required for the practical. The practical is a full inspect & test of an installation.

Fault Finding is easy. It's a logical module and again involves a 2 hour 16 Q paper. The 16 Q paper will cover a few things, but it's a lot easier than the I&T paper. The practical exam involves finding 9 faults. The assessor will give you various cards, saying something like "16a Radial on DB1 is functioning but we are informed there is a fault in the circuitry", there'll be a break in the CPC/reversed polarity/low IR.

It really isn't as daunting as it seems. Remember if you're stuck/struggling with something post it in here and someone will be happy to help.

Marc.

I presume you've also done your 201 & 204?Up next is a lot of head-scratching, a lot of Maths and a lot of testing. You'll be using your BRB a lot, though you won't have to learn it to the same extent as you would on a 2382 course.

The level 3 is made up of 3 modules; AC Theory, Inspection & Testing, and Fault Finding.

AC Theory is exactly what it says on the tin - a lot of Maths, electronics, Health & Safety, three phase etc. It'll seem daunting at first but once you've got hold of the (many) different equations, and when to use them, you'll be fine. The exam for this is multiple-choice. It is (in my opinion) the biggest part of level 3 and will take up most of your revision time, but in a few months time when you've been taught everything that needs to be taught it'll be easy.

Inspection & Testing involves that, as well as cable calculations (volt drop, current carrying capacity, grouping/insulation etc factors, conduit & trunking calcs, earthing systems), and this is where you'll use the Regs the most. There's a 16 question 2 hour paper at the end of this, you can take your OSG and BRB in and again as long as your head is screwed on you'll be fine. There's also a planning exam, you'll be asked to go through CRIPPEL, list disconnection times etc and the meters required for the practical. The practical is a full inspect & test of an installation.

Fault Finding is easy. It's a logical module and again involves a 2 hour 16 Q paper. The 16 Q paper will cover a few things, but it's a lot easier than the I&T paper. The practical exam involves finding 9 faults. The assessor will give you various cards, saying something like "16a Radial on DB1 is functioning but we are informed there is a fault in the circuitry", there'll be a break in the CPC/reversed polarity/low IR.

It really isn't as daunting as it seems. Remember if you're stuck/struggling with something post it in here and someone will be happy to help.

Marc.
THANK YOU MARC for the information and advice regarding the next step of my course , that was sounds hard for me LOL and yea its sounds really a " head-scratching " but I hope I can make it , to be honest I've started looking up some topics for level 3 , I think more practice materials would help .. thanks again MARC ..

Have a nice evening

Lplate

Hi L plate,

In L3, the 301 module expands many bits you have already been introduced to in the 203 unit, eg motors and inductance, reactance and capacitance with calcs! also added is a bit of electronics and lighting.

The testing and fault finding units are not mathmatically difficult and with attention and some common sense you should be ok! (trouble is, common sense isn't always that common!!)

I would advise that you also sign up for the 2356 (NVQ) this year as registrations must be before Dec 31st but you have 2 years to complete it

good luck, regards

Mark

Hi L plate,In L3, the 301 module expands many bits you have already been introduced to in the 203 unit, eg motors and inductance, reactance and capacitance with calcs! also added is a bit of electronics and lighting.

The testing and fault finding units are not mathmatically difficult and with attention and some common sense you should be ok! (trouble is, common sense isn't always that common!!)

I would advise that you also sign up for the 2356 (NVQ) this year as registrations must be before Dec 31st but you have 2 years to complete it

good luck, regards

Mark
Thank you Mark,

I am aware that by September I will be taking my Lever 3 course along with the wiring regulation and Inspection and testing which is an evening course , could you please explain a bit about the 2356 ( NVQ ) ? is this mean that I will be doing this carrier for 5 years ??

thanks again Mark and more info would really a big help for me finding the right road ..

I am 5 weeks into what i believe is an 2382 17th Edition Regulations for electrical installations??? course (