2382 (17th Edition exam)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1pacino

Reaction score
I will be sitting the 17th edition exam (I think its 2382) within next couple of weeks,ive not got to go through the 4 day course just sit the exam so I wanted to find out if anyone has recently sat this exam? If so has anyone got any advice or tips for it, and sample questions/exam papers that I can work through? Does anyone know the pass mark?

I hear that its 60 questions in 2 hours and i find the big red book quite difficult to navigate quickly so I want to go in having had a bit of practice as I wont be doing the full course.

Cheers in advance fellas.

We've been advised to do the tab thing. Nobody's mentioned anything about it not being allowed but i'll check on that.

One thing i've found helpful and worth the cost is the online exam practice/simulation endorsed by this forum. Very good at making you look through the big red book. The best way to really get to grips with the book is to do sample questions and then study the relevant part of the book related to each question - even if you get the question right. I've really speeded up my navigation of the book doing this.

Funny you should say that Johno, Phil Rose at North Notts said it wasnt allowed in the actual exam.AndyGuiness Drink
Officially, You aren't allowed. But it depends on the college / training centre that you attend.

We've been advised to do the tab thing. Nobody's mentioned anything about it not being allowed but i'll check on that.One thing i've found helpful and worth the cost is the online exam practice/simulation endorsed by this forum. Very good at making you look through the big red book. The best way to really get to grips with the book is to do sample questions and then study the relevant part of the book related to each question - even if you get the question right. I've really speeded up my navigation of the book doing this.
That is true. our sponsor also does one too. It will tell you if your right ot wrong and is formatted similar to the actual exam layout, where as the one I recommended doesn't.

The one that I recommended tells you where in the BRB - the answer can be found. Our sponsor's doesn't.

I know it takes a heck of a lot of work, but - if our sponsor can actually re-do his software so that it tells you where to find the answer, then he will have a sure hit.

ELectrical Qual - When you read this thread, drop me a PM - I have some info for you. ;)

The other one I use that DOES tell you the answer is learn17thedition.org

You can practice all the questions before doing a proper exam.

I tend to do as many as I can. The alternative of sitting and reading the BRB just isn't an option because, as we all know, unless you can relate the regs to something you'd be better off reading the phone book.

Definitely one of the best ways to learn.

That is the one that I recommend and was referring to in my post above.

He was the actual lecturer that taught me the 2382-10. It's his and his Son's business.

But actual "Feel and Look Wise", our sponsor's similator is better.

You're right. Suffering from severe confusion brought on by use of such software for an extended period.Blushing:coat

Funny you should say that Johno, Phil Rose at North Notts said it wasnt allowed in the actual exam.AndyGuiness Drink
He needs to read City & Guilds own course manual then.

For this qualification, candidates will be required to complete the following assessments:

thats a good find Jono i will write that link down and bring it with me in case they try to pull that "clean copy" stuff when i get there! I wouldnt mind but it would be a lot quicker to navigate if it already had page numbers in the index as well as the regulation, I have added my own to quite a lot of them to save me time flicking through in the exam as it works out 2 mins per question and some of them are easy to find but some are a nightmare!

Nice one Jonno. They can't argue with that.

Note it says Blank Post it notes. :eek:

a good way round the blank post it bit would be to cut out strips small enough to do 15 down longer edge starting with 1 at top 15 at bottom for appendices, and 7 along bottom edge for chapters with 1 being furthest left going right to 7 so you can still easily reference where you need to go without anything written on them. But saying that I have numbered mine and have ran out of post it's so i will be bringing the tipex just in case!

doing my 17th next week and been told no sticky paper allowed in the books are they will take them of us and give us a college book to use.

doing my 17th next week and been told no sticky paper allowed in the books are they will take them of us and give us a college book to use.
In case they try to do that with us I am going print off a copy of the link jono found as its off the C&G site and let them know what they can do with their college book! :D