2391-2 Project Questions

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc

Reaction score
I've managed to acquire some drawings that are very similar to the Shillitoe Parish community centre - except I haven't got the questions to go with the drawings!

Now this might be a daft question, but could anyone inform me what the actual project questions are? Am I just calculating volt drop, In Ib etc, load balancing, diversity, or are there other things that need to be done?

I'm not used to being up this late, maybe in the morning it'll be clearer but at the minute I can't think of anything else?

Thanks

Marc.

well Hello marc...

I haven't got a clue to a proper answer to your questrion.....

But I just wanted to say Hello ! :x

good to see others are also up late!!

Hopefully someone tomorrow will be able to answer you properly!

:|

Are you doing the course if so your course provider should have given them to you.I have done the shillitoe comunity center project.

Depends as when i did it it was a medical centre which a work colleague had done before but the questions I got where totally different to the ones he got for his project

well Hello marc...I haven't got a clue to a proper answer to your questrion.....

But I just wanted to say Hello ! :x

good to see others are also up late!!
Afternoon Spec, yep last night was a late one. Might have to start becoming nocturnal, I think :C prefers it!

Kablue, no I'm not on the course, I've just managed to get hold of the drawings which like I said are very similar to the originals.

M4tty - thanks. I'll wait and see if he replies to this thread and if not will try PMing him.

Septic - same college etc? Seems odd; I thought it'd be the same across the board for every class.

Marc.

Yep done the Shillitoe parish community centre

The questions (off the top of my head) are

1 design a wiring system for the whole installation

2 design a system using manufacturers info for the PV's on the roof

3 mark all cable runs and individual numbered circuits on the drawings or overlays

4 work out cable sizes for all circuits

5 minimum earth cable sizes for cooker, dishwasher and fridge circuits in the kitchen

6 work out maximum demand for whole installation

7 describe the installation in the intake room and the choice of equipment and reasons for your choice

8 cant remember

9 work out total Zs for function 1 room lighting

10 reasons for supplying a user manual and what will be in it.

HTH

James

Yep done the Shillitoe parish community centreThe questions (off the top of my head) are

James
That's excellent.

Thanks. Guinness

Afternoon Spec, yep last night was a late one. Might have to start becoming nocturnal, I think :C prefers it!Kablue, no I'm not on the course, I've just managed to get hold of the drawings which like I said are very similar to the originals.

M4tty - thanks. I'll wait and see if he replies to this thread and if not will try PMing him.

Septic - same college etc? Seems odd; I thought it'd be the same across the board for every class.

Marc.
He did his a couple of years before me but the drawings where the same question different

i am also just doing this course exam in a month just starting project looking at the loads etc was just wondering what is the best way to lay your drawing out like should i use diffrent colours or numbering system for diffrent cables any example or reference would be great as im not sure how best to lay it all out thanks headbang also from hull

Whats all this project thing then?

I just did written xam and practical assessment for my 2391 but that was a while ago.

i am also just doing this course exam in a month just starting project looking at the loads etc was just wondering what is the best way to lay your drawing out like should i use diffrent colours or numbering system for diffrent cables any example or reference would be great as im not sure how best to lay it all out thanks headbang also from hull
I'm no expert and haven't had a proper look at it yet, but maybe different colours for different phases?

You doing it through the college?