2391 c&g

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mad frankie

Reaction score
i have been on anonther forum where a person thinks that by having the regs book to hand on the exam[2391] devalues the exam.

i disagree as the book is a reference book and no one should be expected to renember all the regs.

what do other people think

how many of you took the exam with the book[regs] to hand and how many took the exam without access to the book[regs]

As it's a closed book exam, the answers will be none and all.

frankie,

Are you mixing the I&T exam - 2391 & the regs exam 2381/2382?

When I did my 16th & 17th regs exams they were open book.

However the 2391-001 & 2391-002 (aka 2400) I did were closed book, no reference material at all allowed.

If you check the C&G website it will give you the atual C&G requirements for the exams, however, I think you will find that I am giving these as correct, as is Spin above.

frankie,Are you mixing the I&T exam - 2391 & the regs exam 2381/2382?

However the 2391-001 & 2391-002 (aka 2400) I did were closed book, no reference material at all allowed.

If you check the C&G website it will give you the atual C&G requirements for the exams, however, I think you will find that I am giving these as correct, as is Spin above.
i already have theC&G 2391-1 2391-2 and sat it as a closed book exam. i have heard of instances where the book has been allowed into the exam. If so than spin and yourself are not correct.The main question was do you think by having the book to hand it devalues the exam. I dont. It is a refeference book and i use mine often you need to know how to use the book to find what your looking for nobody can be expected to know every reg i think the questions in the exam are enough to ensure that a person would have to have a good knowledge of electrical sytems test procedures etc;to be able to pass the exam.

the regs on I&T only cover part 6 pages155 to 163.

all other publications such as osg and gn3 should not be allowed. :)

If your statement that in some instances the book has been allowed, is correct, then yes it devalues the exam, for those people.

The whole point of a nationaly accepted exam, is that the same conditions apply for everybody who takes it.

I think though that there may be some confusion as to exactly what exam you are refering to. I thought you were refering to the 2391-301 Inspection Testing and Certification exam.

As Spin says above this has now been updated to 2391-301.

This is a closed book exam as has been all its predecessors.

See:

http://www.cityandguilds.com/documents/ind_construction_electrical/2391-10-FAQs.pdf

If any centres are allowing this to be open book then they are in breach of the C&G exam requirements and are just ruining the qualification for the rest of us!

It is appalling.

Oh, and IMHO no it should NOT be open book, the whole point is that you understand the topic at this level.

Definitely no reference books in the 2391 written.

You do, though, have access to the regs in the 2391 practical - you have to in order to confirm your measurements(Zs) comply. :)

frankie,

Are you mixing the I&T exam - 2391 & the regs exam 2381/2382?

sorry mate I havent been on for a long while and just saw your reply . I also took the 2391 as closed book but there were courses that allowed it hence my question. Mind you many years have passed and the courses have changed and have came back to a different 2391 all the exams since the original 2391 are less stringent so easier to pass IMO, Sorry for the very late reply. 12 years ha ha take care. { I have seen I did replyI must be going loopy]

Locked as it's an old thread and most no longer post

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.