2392-10 & 2392-20

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshwizard

Honorary Life Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was talking to a level 3 chap in college earlier this evening....

...about the 2392-10... His reply was it is a waste of time..

...One of the reasons being that if you hold the 2392-10 - you will not be able to certify a CU change.

Just done a quick search on the 2392-10 and it looks like a "Break in" course to the 2392-20.

What are your views on this Gentlemen - does anyone know anymore?

Hia welsh I have been doing some digging on this very subject. The 10 allows you to certify your own work ie rewire, but it doesnt have sufficient scope to do PIR's (20). I have had a word with one of the scam providers and tey dont mind you doing a PIR/board change with just your 10.

Andy

The 2392-10 is a basic test and inspect course that covers initial verification of your own work, i.e. the ability to self certify.

The 2392-20 does not exist, they thought again about the numbering and decided to stick with the 2391, at least that's how i understand it:-

New unit numberingAs the 2391 qualifications have been updated to the 17th edition, this has necessitated the use of new qualification and unit codes. The qualification codes are:

2391-10 Level 3 Certificate in Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (previously 2391-01)

2391-20 Level 3 Certificate in Design, Erection and Verification of Electrical Installations (previously 2391-02 and prior to that 2400).

Both of the above new qualifications are accredited under the QCA code 500/3517/4.

There were plans to label these as the 2392-20 and -30, but following customer feedback the decision was made to keep the 2391 number which is recognised world-wide by centres, industry and candidates alike.

The 2392-10 is a basic test and inspect course that covers initial verification of your own work, i.e. the ability to self certify.The 2392-20 does not exist, they thought again about the numbering and decided to stick with the 2391, at least that's how i understand it:-
Thats exactly what i was told at Clarkson Evans in Gloucester

(Great place to train by the way, i recommend it to anyone)