Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flybydave

Reaction score
had a quick look and not seen anything on it on here

has anyone got any experience with the 2392 inspection testing, level 2, initial design and verification?

just i was thinking of doing it as a stepping stone to the 2391.

Hi dave, the 2392-10/20 hasnt actually started being taught in colleges as far as I know. I am applying to do it in September at my local college. From what I can gather its teaching the testing and inspection of new works from what I have read. The scams will apparently accept this if you are doing your own rewires. The 2392-20 is harder as it covers PIR T&Iing apparently. These courses if passed mean that you dont have to go on and do the 2391.

I can be wrong

Andy

Evening Iam doing mine this week ( exam on friday ) at Delta training in Bamber bridge near preston, I will post any questions I can remember ( 2hr exam and 2 hr practical ).

Ta Ta

Evening Iam doing mine this week ( exam on friday ) at Delta training in Bamber bridge near preston, I will post any questions I can remember ( 2hr exam and 2 hr practical ).Ta Ta
How did you do in the exam Mate? Well - I hope. :)

Did you manage to remember any questions?

Evening I passed with 86%, cannt really remember much but I was amazed at how similar it was to the 17th exam.

ta ta

Just doing mine over 4 weeks, (one day a wk). So far seems very similar to thetesting and inspection I did for my part P. Mock test day tomorrow, so I'll see what thate like N hopefully havean idea bout questions etc.

i cant get on my 2391 until april thought i would do the 2932 sep

cant find a college near me that does it west london

Questions were very similar to those on 17th editiion, most required reference to BS 7671 but all could be answered by referring to your regs book

examples

what is minimum insulation value for 230v domestic installation

Documentation for every electrical installation should include that required by

a) 514.9

B) part 6

c) part 7 where applicable

d) all above

A BSEN 60898 circuit breaker can be used for

a) isolation

B) Emergency switching

c) Functional switching

d) all of above

Hope this helps

The 2392-10 Deals with Initial verification ie inspection and testing of an installation involving new circuits rather than existing circuits. The qualification consists of a 2 hour practical assessment and a 100 minute closed book multiple choice exam.

2391-10 assumes you have experience of testing and a sound working knowledge of BS7671 and deals with periodic inspection and testing. The qualification consists of a 3 hour practical assessment and a 2 1/2 hour closed book written exam. The best advice I can give for this one is get to know Guidance Note 3.