3330 Practical

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Sparks

Reaction score
Was just wondering for those who have completed their 3330 practical exam, what faults, visual & testing faults they got?

Ive got mine tomorrow.

Cheers.

Lee

You should bear in mind that the majority of faults will be "switchable" by the tutor/assessor. In most cases this means you will be looking for open circuit, insulation or crossed polarity faults. Colleges don't want the hassle of manually creating faults for each candidate.

Just take your time and be methodical. As already said the faults are switchable and are really easy spot. You shouldn't have any problem here. Your meter tells you whats what.

Just go through your normal tests, dont chase the faults, let them come to you.

And to be honest some of them may be faults you would never see in a real world situation, also remmember you cant correct them before you carry on with your tests.

The tutor will be switching keyswitches which introduce faults into circuit. Cant really add much that hasent been said above. Just follow the normal method of testing and they will all come to you. Dont worry about it mate its really easy.

Thanks guys.

Just got home from the exam. Realy enjoyed it, took my time.

In the end i had 4 switched in faults, 3 were IR faults, 2 dead shorts & 1 low mega ohm reading.

The other was reverse polarity on the motor dol starter.

Then had a couple of visuals.

loose connection on earthing clamp on water pipe ( bonding clamp)

missing "saftey electrical connection" on the other earth clamp clipped onto the gas pipe.

last visual was a wrongly connected neutral conductor at a ceiling rose.

Anyone still to do this exam, my advice would be take your time, take plenty of notes with you including OSG,GN3,BS7671,part p doc etc

Enjoy it!

Lee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done mate. We said it would be easy!! It's just the thought of an exam that makes you nervous in the first place. I get nervous before an exam but revision is the key I think.