475 properties ............. don't be fooled

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was the lucky recipient of this email today (information redacted):

Good Morning,

Due to further expansion within the GU Postcode Area, Nxxxxxxxx Dxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx require a qualified Electrician to maintain a 12 month contract. You will be required to look after 475 domestic rental properties within the area. 

The chosen Company/Contractor will be required to look after the annual PAT testing certificates and legionella risk assessments (Training will be provided). Also you will be required to make sure there are smoke detector on every floor plus a carbon monoxide detector where required.

What's Involved:

Contract work within the GU Postcode area for a minimum of 12 months with the option to extend.

Each rental property is required to have a PAT test and Legionella Risk Assessment (Training can be provided).

Set prices for specific general works.

30 days’ notice will always be given for planned maintenance work.

Only 1 company/contractor will be chosen. No competing for work.

Payments will be made within 14 days from the date the invoices are received.

Our Requirements:

You must be able to cover the GU Postcode Area.

Qualified Electrician

Hold a minimum £1 million Public Liability Insurance

Have previous experience with this type of work.

Extra space in your diary to accommodate the contract

About Us:
Nxxxxxxxxx Dxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx are a property maintenance firm who look after a large number of Clients within the UK. We currently look after well over 3,000 properties ranging from 1 bedroom flats to full estates.

We are delighted to be able to offer full property management and maintenance under the one roof and are able to cover every job required on both domestic and commercial properties. Regardless of the size of job, Nxxxxxxxxx Dxxxxxxx Sxxxxxx can comfortably look after your needs no matter if it’s simply fixing a leaking tap or planning and installing a full new extension.

At present, we do not employ any Engineers or Electricians directly. Our business is focused on solely working with the best local Contractors on a sub contract basis to ensure that we get the best of both worlds - full national coverage with the luxury of selecting from a bank of quality tradesman after a thorough vetting and selection process.

What to do next: 

If you feel the contract could be of interest to you, I am available to discuss in more depth and would be keen to find out more about your business.
Additionally, if you would like to declare a formal interest and feel that your company fits the criteria mentioned above feel free to contact using the details below.

Hum!

Lets do some sums!

There are 121 postcode areas in the UK

This email claims they have 3000 customers 

So using 475 properties they must have about 7 sparks on their books covering 121 postcodes 

My response went along the lines of:

"Please remove me from your data base. 

Your business model is known in the trade as a waste of money and fundamentally a scam"

Not unsurprisingly I've not had a response yet!

By replying you have confirmed your email address as live. I would not have given them that pleasure.

Dave .......... you can't hide email addresses these days - they can buy lists from trade shows like Elex, or go through lists on schemes or even forums like this ........ and of course then there is GDPR compliance that they need to consider..........

I wanted the pleasure of telling them that I know they are scammers ................. and by posting on here and another forum I'm spreading the word ..................I do think the last one I had was from a company with a slightly different name