5 Amp weatherproof plugs and sockets

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Sworld

Electrical Technician
Reaction score
Hi all.

Apart from Lewden does anyone else make weatherproof 5 amp connections for outdoors lighting? They don't necessarily need to be metal, a good plastic version will do.

CEF do a reasonable screw clamp type connector(seals around your cable/flex), you put your own block connector etc inside.

are you burying this? or surface?

CEF do a reasonable screw clamp type connector(seals around your cable/flex), you put your own block connector etc inside.are you burying this? or surface?
The SWA cable will be run on the surface (too much hassle burying it!) but I'm looking at a way to isolate each set of lights for maintainance / replacement. The Lewden metalclad versions are nice but a bit pricey!

Do you have a picture of the CEF connector? Their website won't let you call up anything on it! X(

the 1 ive used from cef was semi permanent, the screw 1 looks better for isolation TBH. perhaps just terminate ur swa right into it and flex from the plug to light.?

the 1 ive used from cef was semi permanent, the screw 1 looks better for isolation TBH. perhaps just terminate ur swa right into it and flex from the plug to light.?
The SWA will be running around the garden to feed various lights so I need to breakout at various points.

I might just start a search on e-bay and hope some Lewden's appear! :D

Been thinking about this, might use some MK Masterseal FCU's instead.

Thanks for the ideas though lads! :D