A few questions please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andson

Reaction score
Regarding fitting sockets and a fan/light in a conservetory. i can't really get in to the lighting circuit to take a feed off it. the floor upstairs in the room has been glued down and can't be lifted. also in the conservertory they need sockets on both dwarf walls the positioning of the doors to the house means i can only get to the one side of the wall, how do i get over to the other wall the doors stop me bothe ends and the tiled floor has been laid. any ideas?

cheers andy..

Without seeing the job it sounds like your only option is to use self adhesive mini trunking to get to the other wall.The Fan/light can be fed from the circuit for the sockets using a fused spur to fuse it down.Might not look very nice though but should blend in with the window frames presuming its white upvc

so its no illegal to run a light switch from your sockets providing its through a fused spur,

andy..

so its no illegal to run a light switch from your sockets providing its through a fused spur, andy..
That's right, And.

Like mentioned above, seen cables run in trunking along bottom of conny pvc doors loads of times. 90% of time you cant even tell its there if done properly ;)

!!These!! are what you need.
Dont you love the warning:

Warning: Even though these microwaves are about as harmful as the leakage from an ordinary microwave oven (not much), do not put computers, televisions, other sensitive electrical equipment, food, liquids, paper, glass, flammable substances, magnets, or living things in between the base and satellite units. Just in case.

---------

So a human head is perfectly acceptable ?:| We used to use microwave technology in the army. Walk in front of it and expect to be climbing the long stair case to the heavens :)

Wonder just how dangerous this is in direct line of the beam? I read about this a few years ago. Interesting to see it in production.

Dont you love the warning:So a human head is perfectly acceptable ?:| We used to use microwave technology in the army. Walk in front of it and expect to be climbing the long stair case to the heavens :)

Wonder just how dangerous this is in direct line of the beam? I read about this a few years ago. Interesting to see it in production.
Are you serious ?:|

So a human head is perfectly acceptable ?:| We used to use microwave technology in the army. Walk in front of it and expect to be climbing the long stair case to the heavens :)

We have news broadcaster's who set up their microwave dishes on a terrace at work and while walking in front of them isn't going to cause your head to explode like a melon it's not really too good an idea! :^O