A Step further..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extension15

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having just installed my alarm system (Just 2 PIR's on the system), I've decided to alter my current local advert and advertise this area of work.

Before commencing down this road, any words of wisdom, guidance on this subject?

Just do it. I've managed to get in with a supplier, CCTV aswell. When the customer specifys what he wants I go to my supplier & give him the spec & he give me a price & a list of parts, so I can even show the customer.

Why would you do that ! Never let the customer know where and how much. Proper wholesalers prices reflect how much you spend. After a few years you really get a good discount. Unfortunatly with the growth of shops such as B&Q, Screwfix etc, prices are dropping and theres not much in it nowadays.

Just go for it EXT15 i did over 2 years ago and im doing great.

hope it works out for you.

all the best mate.

:D

I was told u can install them as long as your a " Competant person " that goes for fire alarm systems too .. this was by a salesman on a fire alarm stand at the ELEX show ,then again he might just be talkin complete billiards but he seemed to know his stuff.