above the hob

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e.g. with an RCBO as I suggested in #6.
rewiable fuse cu mate. could split the tails, starts mounting up though.

e.g. with an RCBO as I suggested in #6.
Alright, no-one was ignoring you.

**EVERYONE GO AND LOOK AT POST #6, SOMEONE IS FEELING UNLOVED**

rewiable fuse cu mate. could split the tails, starts mounting up though.
Well no, just RCD the ring. Pull the 2.5's from the fuse, loop across to RCD\RCBO in enclosure and then feed RCD\RCBO from 30A fuse.

i will notify

i test and cert no point in not paying

Alright, no-one was ignoring you.**EVERYONE GO AND LOOK AT POST #6, SOMEONE IS FEELING UNLOVED**

Well no, just RCD the ring. Pull the 2.5's from the fuse, loop across to RCD\RCBO in enclosure and then feed RCD\RCBO from 30A fuse.
would be cheaper and easier and i would save spending on a rcd socket:D

Alright, no-one was ignoring you.Well no, just RCD the ring. Pull the 2.5's from the fuse, loop across to RCD\RCBO in enclosure and then feed RCD\RCBO from 30A fuse.
That would cover all bases (wouldn't need to lable any sockets), and improve safety on the rest of the ring.

I bet there's no RCD protection for sockets that could be used outside.

That would cover all bases (wouldn't need to lable any sockets), and improve safety on the rest of the ring.I bet there's no RCD protection for sockets that could be used outside.
theres an old man with a tin full of wires, some surface wireing and a old cooker switch where the face plate comes off:D

Alright, no-one was ignoring you.**EVERYONE GO AND LOOK AT POST #6, SOMEONE IS FEELING UNLOVED**
Aww thanks Lurchie. Didn't think you cared. Hugs all round.

then feed RCD\RCBO from 30A fuse.
Just not with 2.5 ;)

I still think I would be looking at de-energising that cable and rerouting the ring.

For those who missed it....

here is POST#6 in all is glory...............

OK then if there is no RCD you shouldn't really be working on the installation. Can you not fit an RCBO and then crimp/fill and possibly put in a splashback? Think I would be looking at removing that cable and rerouting to the other socket.
YEP! Iammacd DID say it

Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley:x

dont ague with Lurch..

If he says look...

YOU WILL go and look!:OBlushing:D:x

no accessories above the hob.....hmmmm,

wonder how we connect the extractor hood........
was waiting for that one :D

Wago or other push fits might be easier than crimp, depending how much wire you have to work with.
i have a box of push fits and prob best to use em

use push fit, and i would rcd it, you need to be able to sleep at night
I still think I would be looking at de-energising that cable and rerouting the ring.
idealy yes, but he wont go for it

thanks for all the replies i have found them usefull:D