Abseiling time again

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:^O

Right lads, lassies, ladies and gents :^O

Im doing 4 charity abseils this year, and have opened up a online donation page for marie curie www.justgiving.com/colinturner1

I have registered for 4 x charity abseils as follows

coventry axa insurance building 160ft

birmingham fort dunlop 120ft

grimbsy tower 275ft

newport bridge approx 180ft

and millers dale bridge 85ft

which is a private abseil as a group of us are going to derbyshire for the day and going abseiling for approx 3-4 hours, we will pay for that ourselves and any money donated to that abseil will also be put into this donation site aswell, so every thing will go to marie curie trust at the end of this pages life, in total amount of feet, this works out at over 800 feet of abseiling on my own in 5 areas of the country,

I am a keeen abseiler anyway and rock climb in birmingham most weekends.

i would just say any body who does donate will get a mention on smooth fm and heart fm towards the end of the year, at some point, through the year.

and also that anything people do donate to this worthy cause is such a big help to them as a charity as without our help as a community and helps as volunteers, they wouldnt be able to do the fantastic work they do do do :^O . Many thanks anyway for any support you do give

all the best colin turner

:pApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Your a brave man.

Been a long time since i did any climbing.... and that was indoor! maybe i should start again, but then i dont like heights

Anyway, enjoy!

Not want to take an amateur with you badger?

Will be very hard, but i think i may just be brave enough...

Providing i start from a 10ft platform!

Not want to take an amateur with you badger? Will be very hard, but i think i may just be brave enough...

Providing i start from a 10ft platform!
Jolly decent of you wanting to abseil that extra 10ft for charity.........

Jolly decent of you wanting to abseil that extra 10ft for charity.........
didnt mean it that way... but i would probably have a go.... or at least a look down from the top!

to make it so its not higher... could you dig a 10ft hole in the groud for me to abseil into instead!

Well heres the website for marie curie events if anyone would like to meet me at the events listed at any time even to just say hello or whatever then you would all be most welcome to come and watch the more the merrier,

Time im thinking for a thread bump :^O

come on lads and lassies theres still loads of time to get donating , lets really make a good onations from this one, and remember for everyone that donates gets a mention on the radio :^O

Right then, who hasnt donated yet, X( come on lads and lassies get those rather fat wallets out and yes you know its for a good cause MARIE CURIE CANCER CARE, and i am doing one abseil that is over 250 ft that in it self is worth sponsorship, ROTFWL

I have just one member on here who hasnt donated yet X( AD2 :^O

and another who hasnt yet donated WELSH WIZ :D

Right then, who hasnt donated yet, X( come on lads and lassies get those rather fat wallets out and yes you know its for a good cause MARIE CURIE CANCER CARE, and i am doing one abseil that is over 250 ft that in it self is worth sponsorship, ROTFWL I have just one member on here who hasnt donated yet X( AD2 :^O

and another who hasnt yet donated WELSH WIZ :D
On yer bike, I have donated for the both of them, as well as for myself. ;)