AC/DC

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i GOT SOME TICKETS,

my Xmas pressie from Aggie,

just wondering tho going by radio reception if it is really a big issue if anyone here wanted tickets and didnt get any?

angus,angus,angus.
d durr d dudda d duh....

Now there's "a band powerful enough to turn goat p1ss into paraffin" No-one can take a simple Amajor chord, wrap it in Semtex and detonate it between your ears like Angus and Malcolm can. Leave the brain outside as it won't be required, it's almost shamanic, the antidote to the ballad.

ROOOOOOOAAAAARRRGGGGH!

i GOT SOME TICKETS,my Xmas pressie from Aggie,

just wondering tho going by radio reception if it is really a big issue if anyone here wanted tickets and didnt get any?
Congrats - should be an amazing gig!

As an aside have you checked out Airbourne - AC/DC on speed - exceptional!

apache, not unless I was gonna be a spark when I was about 7or8, cos that was when I first heard 'em, from an older cousin.

anyways, I wanted to be a spannerman for proper bike racers at that time.! :D

must google them tomoz Dave, :)

hey Carter, maybe Im hitting my midlife crisis, but I bought a leccy axe last year for the one and only reason of learning how to rock out BACK IN BLACK !!!!

we need an ANGUS smilie. :D :D :D

hey Carter, maybe Im hitting my midlife crisis, but I bought a leccy axe last year for the one and only reason of learning how to rock out BACK IN BLACK !!!!

we need an ANGUS smilie. :D :D :D
Well it was AC/DC that opened up the world of the axeman to me as well when I was 15. Had a guitar (usually four or five actually) ever since. Now down to four the latest addition being this thing! :^O the Jay Turser Shark, totally barking! Good sound but needs some neckwork.

sharkguitarco9.jpg

Shot at 2008-09-01

found an old AVO Mk7 meter on a market stall in town and this thing was propped up taking a bite out of the floor,

that deffo looks an awesome geetar!

bit outta my league tho :D :D

just an Ibanez cadet I got off ebay for a couple o dozen quid. :) any easy tips on learning? other than practice practice practice.....

Doc, perhaps my musical tastes would also surprise you too, also very varied.!

Carter, thanks for all the info buddy,

starting backwards, as I usually do... :)

trem arm dumped by the guy that tuned guitar for me, a good friend that been playing and gigging pubs for 20ish years, no great player(his words!) just realistic strumming.

apparently 2 different ibanez, korea and japan, supposedly I got lucky and have the japanese one, dunno how much better/less worse it is tho!! :|

TBH Im still really at the pure basics stage of practice and am really lost as to what to do, other than just practice the few chords I already know then should I really be looking at paying someone? not really what I want to be throwing loadsa money at as its only gonna be a bit of fun for me.

I know what you mean by a good axe, I heard a guy last week play two different ones the exact same way, and it just sounded so much different!!!!

Aggie has said she'll buy me a decent one if I want, but just dont see how to justify it right now until I can play a half decent bit at least.

its got 3 pickups, inc a humbucker AFAIK, and yep, you're right on the sound front, bit of an issue with the volume, one of them is a bit crackly, I just turn it off tho! :(

at the end of the day it only cost me something like

Carter_ Wok!!!!!
(OK might have lost all credibility - but this is me in the new avatar - fortunately in disguise!) Regarding the best instrument you can afford - the entry level guitars and basses are so good now in all honesty there is no reason to stretch yourself until you have a need to. A Yamaha Pacifica has all the action that is needed to learn at 1/10th the price of a vastly overprived American guitar which in a blindfold test even Stevie Wonder couldn't distinguish from any other guitar after it had been through an effects rack! Agree - setup is critical - and any competant engineer will be able to download instructions and do this. Above all enjoy!!!!

Big thumbs up to Davethe glitz for his recommendation of the Yamaha Pacifica in any of its incarnations. They are a top piece of kit, for the money you won't get better unless you get lucky with a classified ad or something. And just to prove it I bought the twelve string version ('****bly') brand new!

carterspacificaxiijx9.jpg

I'd looked at Rickenbackers at

Q: How many lead guitarists does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: 100. One of them does it and the other 99 strut around and say 'Huh! I could of done that!

Q: How many lead guitarists does it take to change a lightbulb?A: 100. One of them does it and the other 99 strut around and say 'Huh! I could of done that!
Now now Mr Sworld I though this was a serious electrical forum, and not a comedy club or political debate?

:p