Accenta G3 (does not see 2 PIRs)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forty_Two

Reaction score
The alarm system (Accenta G3) was installed a long time ago (maybe 20 years). The system was working fine until I changed the battery. (A recent power cut caused me to realise that the battery was dead). I did my research and bought a like for like battery. I installed it and when activating the alarm 2 of the 5 PIR’s come us faulty (I can see that the two PIRs in two rooms on the ground floor are not lit up). I can set the alarm by ‘omiting’ those two PIRs. I presumed I must have dislodged a wire when I had put in the new battery. I took the front off the alarm box and cannot see any loose wires.

Because all was good before the new battery I am presuming this is something simple but, of course, I don’t know - any ideas

TIA

You have answered your own question.
I must have dislodged a wire when I had put in the new battery.

It will be the 12v supply to the two devices, no doubt 6 wires (x 2) stuffed into a connector block. One or two will have snapped.

Thanks for the helpful replies . . . . do I need to switch off the 250volt mains supply before touching those small thin wires?

Your choice. I was going to suggest you take the battery out to give you more space. You could "plonk it on the top" and leave it connected, then turn the mains off if you are worried.