Acceptable Continuity Readings.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jibspark

Electrician
Reaction score
Hi All!

I've got about 80 radials to test tomorrow and i haven't done any testing for quit a while!

its only dead testing but i was hoping someone could remind me what the acceptable reading should be for continuity.

any help on this tonight would be greatly appreciated!

thank you

:)

not sure yet,

but i thought in the regs there was a value in ohms that was acceptable, regardless of size etc

Table 41Don
good post,

without being too sh11ty, too many people are asking too many basics whilst under a pretence.

I have no problems whatsoever with people asking questions but under a pretence of knowing if they just cant be bothered looking nup the regs or dont understand them, well,,,,,,,,,

Hi All!I've got about 80 radials to test tomorrow and i haven't done any testing for quit a while!

its only dead testing but i was hoping someone could remind me what the acceptable reading should be for continuity.

any help on this tonight would be greatly appreciated!

thank you

The is a table for the resistance of r1 & r2 for specific sized cables per metre in the on-site guide, from that with the approximate cable run length you should have a figure near to what r1 & r2 should be.

Table 41 is for max disconection times, sorry Godfather! Am I missing something, not the concrete boots please noooooo! arrghh! not the concrete boots!! lol.

Table 41 is for max disconection times, sorry Godfather! Am I missing something, not the concrete boots please noooooo! arrghh! not the concrete boots!! lol.
Quite correct, my post in response was in haste, but is still ultimately important as far as the final circuit goes.

regards

Don

table 9A page 166 osg.
Quite correct, as long as you have installed the cables and know the routes, otherwise it's a guesstimate on the route of the cable from start to finish.

(and confirmed by a loop test ?)

The Godfather

he is not looking for a table of per metre values, he wants to know if the results he gets are acceptable or not ie he cant get Zs values only r1+r2 but he doesnt know how to work it out..............im with steptoe on this one.

i was getting confused, i was trying to remember without looking anything up and just needed a nudge. i think i was just thinking about the minimum IR acceptable.

its all coming back to me now, and now I've started to remember I'm pretty embarrassed that i asked the question as its an extremely stupid one!

that said, nicky and steptoe.... you might wanna ease up a little, your replies were pretty condescending and not at all helpful.

cheers to all!

There is No such thing as a "Stupid Question" only "Stupid People" for not asking the question.

I think if you read your question again and my reply fully you will understand where I am coming from.

I am not in a position to give information that I feel is basic knowledge to someone carrying out the type of test that requires that knowledge, if you are doing testing and inspecting then you really shouldnt be asking questions on the very basics of it.

sorry if it sounded condescending, it wasnt intended to be, but by your own admission, and the replies of various other posts, it was a very ambiguous question.