Adding a second inverter to a Grid Tie System

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a system installed, 6.7kw of panels, SPH6000 inverter and a 7kWh battery.

I want to add more battery to my system and ideally more inverter power. I plan to assemble a 280aH 48v LifeP04 battery, DALY BMS feeding an inverter. I would like to install this second setup in my workshop which is connected to the house via it's own set of tails. I would like to charge the battery from off peak and from excess solar. I can achieve this I think with another SPH6000 inverter or whatever is recommended.

My question is:-
1) Will two grid tied inverters co-exist ok (i tend to think they should, no real difference to a neighbouring property having one on the same phase?
2) Any recommendations for the inverter 6 to 10kW
3) I dont intend to export anything to the grid.... I WANT IT ALL LOL

Any help / advice gratefully received.

J

I have a system installed, 6.7kw of panels, SPH6000 inverter and a 7kWh battery.

I want to add more battery to my system and ideally more inverter power. I plan to assemble a 280aH 48v LifeP04 battery, DALY BMS feeding an inverter. I would like to install this second setup in my workshop which is connected to the house via it's own set of tails. I would like to charge the battery from off peak and from excess solar. I can achieve this I think with another SPH6000 inverter or whatever is recommended.

My question is:-
1) Will two grid tied inverters co-exist ok (i tend to think they should, no real difference to a neighbouring property having one on the same phase?
2) Any recommendations for the inverter 6 to 10kW
3) I dont intend to export anything to the grid.... I WANT IT ALL LOL

Any help / advice gratefully received.

J
Multiple inverters will coexist, never quite understood how, that's a little mystery. If you add a second system you will legally need to notify DNO, and almost certainly need export limitation to comply, which means a data cable connection to the garage.

Fave hybrid inverter is Solis with pylontech batteries. Getting hold of them is another matter 😄

Multiple inverters will coexist, never quite understood how, that's a little mystery. If you add a second system you will legally need to notify DNO, and almost certainly need export limitation to comply, which means a data cable connection to the garage.

Fave hybrid inverter is Solis with pylontech batteries. Getting hold of them is another matter 😄
Hi,

Many thanks for your reply, let the project commence!

My existing Growatt inverter I can turn off the export capability, one of the reasons why I wanted to go with the same inverter again. I have no intention of exporting from my battery storage, I'd rather use it all myself.

Any ideas where I may be able to get either a Growatt SPH6000 or the Solis one you mention?

Regards - J

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply, let the project commence!

My existing Growatt inverter I can turn off the export capability, one of the reasons why I wanted to go with the same inverter again. I have no intention of exporting from my battery storage, I'd rather use it all myself.

Any ideas where I may be able to get either a Growatt SPH6000 or the Solis one you mention?

Regards - J
I always buy from Segen, not sure if they will sell to private customers. Trouble is demand is outstripping supply, so you'll have to shop around.

Locked to prevent hi-jacking (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.