Adding sounder to door bell

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveS79

Reaction score
Evening chaps/chapess's

Just wondering if any cheap options for this. Got elderly couple live in 3 floor property and having trouble hearing the door bell sounding. Not so bad when on ground or top floors as has sounder on them but don't here it on middle. Thought about ring or something similar but with the bits and pieces price starts to add up. Their CU is right opposite door bell and spur/transformer here and then just go to the 2 sounders I think. Don't know if this wiring accessible or even possible to just wire in any old sounder on the middle. Thoughts anyone?

Cheers 

Buy one that promises a good long range and high audio output. I have two "LLOYTRON", sounders and find difficulty positioning them to both work reliably and be audible throughout a mid-sized bungalow.  When I get around to it I'll probably bin them and run some wires.

Buy one that promises a good long range and high audio output. I have two "LLOYTRON", sounders and find difficulty positioning them to both work reliably and be audible throughout a mid-sized bungalow.  When I get around to it I'll probably bin them and run some wires.
Ok thanks Geoff