Adjustable spanner (VINTAGE)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
Hi chaps, having a blonde moment here, so need your help, well one member in particular! Recently there was a thread about someone having a clear out of old stuff, I seem to remember something about some old red, white and blue cable being mentioned.

Anyway there was a picture of an old 'S' shaped adjustable and someone commented they'd like it for their collection of old tools, well today at work I found one even better and I've never seen one like it ever. Rather that the 'worm' screw found in a normal adjustable, this has a series of shims that slide in to make the spanner adjustable, so if the member in question drops me a pm with some contact deatails they may like to have it, it's not big, only about 8 inches long, but it's certainly unusual.

So you know who you are, get in touch and we can see if it's something you would like, foc of course.

right so we know who it was lol, I'll get it on Monday and pop some pics up, its a really unusual thing, like I said it has shims instead of a wheel for the adjustment.

Latest posts