Admin can i play

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonpig

Reaction score
Well i was going to indulge in a spot of skulldugary by having a cheeky look in tricks of the trade, and it appears i am not allowed and that i need your assistance.

I dont know if it is because your are victimising me because of my good looks:^O, but its really not good for my inferiority complex when my computer tells me im not good enough:_|.

I play nice i promise;).

ooh. Does this offer apply to all non-sparks who are curious?
Well i think it would very harsh to not allow meX(, as i am a qualified spark:D.

My problem was that i worked as an electricians mate when i was training, and unfortunately the spark i worked with was not really willing to hep me during training, he just used to tell me 'it wasnt his job to train me, and that he had enough to deal with the apprentices constantly asking him questions'. All i was told during first fix was chase that here and clip this there and not to ask why just do it, and during second fix well thats easy enough to figure out yourself;) with a little knowledge. It got to the point where i hated work and just stopped asking/caring because i wouldnt get any info.

On top of that the lecturers in college were not very helpful, they used to say because the course was day release there was so much information to get through they didnt have time to go into great detail and that we would find out on the job. The problem with that was like i already said the guy i was working with wasnt helpful at all.

I have spent about 9/10 years in the construction (granted a lot of that time was a labourer/mate but still), paid for all my own qualifications, and i know all about house bashing and i graft just as hard as the best of you. I just have been unlucky with employers because if your are not doing an apprenticeship they can take advantage, make empty promises, and happily give you bad career advice even when they know that they are screwing you over. So i have never been expalned/taught the fine details of designing an installation and completely understanding the regs (although i understaaand enough to get by and aquire my quals), and i am just trying to further myself. Yeah sure i have not come through the conventional path, but all roads lead to rome, some are just longer, or harder, or more expensive, or all of the above.

I dont claim to be the best spark in the world and i am quite open about wanting to improve my sparking abilities, but none the less i am still a spark, and one day i will get the break i am looking for and then spark the world. I reckon its a bit in the style of George Orwell to say we are all sparks but i am not as much of a spark as you, seems like bad form to me and going completely against the whole purpose of a forum such as this.

I reckon its best to hate the game not the player:D.

Aferall even if dont consider me a spark surley you must agree i meet this criteria;

Tips & Tricks Of The Trade

This thread is Password protected for Electricians & Trainee Electricians Only.

Anyhoo, i hope you dont think this is as me ranting or faling to enjoy friendly banter, just me explianing to all my beautiful new friends a little about myself, my electrical dream living, and my massive eagerness to absorb like a sponge as much experience and knowledge as possible of all experienced sparks on here.

Sorry for the huge post, peace out:D.

Well i think it would very harsh to not allow meX(, as i am a qualified spark:D. My problem was that i worked as an electricians mate when i was training, and unfortunately the spark i worked with was not really willing to hep me during training, he just used to tell me 'it wasnt his job to train me, and that he had enough to deal with the apprentices constantly asking him questions'. All i was told during first fix was chase that here and clip this there and not to ask why just do it, and during second fix well thats easy enough to figure out yourself;) with a little knowledge. It got to the point where i hated work and just stopped asking/caring because i wouldnt get any info.

On top of that the lecturers in college were not very helpful, they used to say because the course was day release there was so much information to get through they didnt have time to go into great detail and that we would find out on the job. The problem with that was like i already said the guy i was working with wasnt helpful at all.

I have spent about 9/10 years in the construction (granted a lot of that time was a labourer/mate but still), paid for all my own qualifications, and i know all about house bashing and i graft just as hard as the best of you. I just have been unlucky with employers because if your are not doing an apprenticeship they can take advantage, make empty promises, and happily give you bad career advice even when they know that they are screwing you over. So i have never been expalned/taught the fine details of designing an installation and completely understanding the regs (although i understaaand enough to get by and aquire my quals), and i am just trying to further myself. Yeah sure i have not come through the conventional path, but all roads lead to rome, some are just longer, or harder, or more expensive, or all of the above.

I dont claim to be the best spark in the world and i am quite open about wanting to improve my sparking abilities, but none the less i am still a spark, and one day i will get the break i am looking for and then spark the world. I reckon its a bit in the style of George Orwell to say we are all sparks but i am not as much of a spark as you, seems like bad form to me and going completely against the whole purpose of a forum such as this.

I reckon its best to hate the game not the player:D.

Aferall even if dont consider me a spark surley you must agree i meet this criteria;

Tips & Tricks Of The Trade

This thread is Password protected for Electricians & Trainee Electricians Only.

Anyhoo, i hope you dont think this is as me ranting or faling to enjoy friendly banter, just me explianing to all my beautiful new friends a little about myself, my electrical dream living, and my massive eagerness to absorb like a sponge as much experience and knowledge as possible of all experienced sparks on here.

Sorry for the huge post, peace out:D.
Didn't realise you were a spark, no offence intended! I'm nice, really. :p

Didn't realise you were a spark, no offence intended
No offence taken mate, i have asked some fairly straight forward questions, but more because my sparking experience isnt very varied and i want to start taking on more responceabiity/become better/become more knowledgeable. And also to see if i have understood correctly and how others interpret the regs and to make sure that i am employing good working practices (as we all seem to go about things slightly different, artistic licence i believe they call it;) ), especially since working with senior sparks who are unethusiastic, complacent, and who dont really care about the standard of the work anymore.

I as i openly admit i am not the finished article as a spark, but i am competent and wont do anything i believe to be beyond me and i am keen to find out more info on something i havent done before or been explained the fine details, and i am a lot beter than a pole or some other type of cowboy that doesnt really care about the job, and beside were are all still learning evreyday arent we:D because if not we have probally turned into cowboys;).

To be honest i kind of feel i have learnt how house bash and to get by sparking, and how to obtain sparking quals, but now with a little help form my friends i am learning the trade and finer points of sparking. Kind of like when you learn to drive, you learn how to drive to get your license, and then once you have your license you learn how to drive properly by it becomeing second nature and being able to it on your own when the pressure is on. If you see what i mean?

I'm nice, really.
I know you are:), and i am too:), and just to prove it why dont you come and have a cooch:x;) :^O

I know you are:), and i am too:), and just to prove it why dont you come and have a cooch:x;) :^O

:eek: There are members on here that worry me. :^O

And if your missus sees that when she comes home later, she will worry about you too. :^O :^O

I know you are:), and i am too:), and just to prove it why dont you come and have a cooch:x;) :^O :eek: There are members on here that worry me. :^O
And......

There are Admin's on here who worry us poor vulnerable members! :eek: ] :) :| ;)

:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:x

Have you caught up on all the threads, Specs?

This is my second post.

I am a qualified electrician as maybe some here will know.

Am I able to access that area, or does my post count have to increase ?:|

I know you are, and i am too, and just to prove it why dont you come and have a coochThere are members on here that worry me.
Well you just wait untill there is a full moon out;) :^O

And if your missus sees that when she comes home later, she will worry about you too.
It would have been better than the mood she did come home in:_|, its been a rough old couple of days] :) .