Advice on what CCTV to get

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian932

Reaction score
I've wired for 11 camera positions around the outside of the house, all done in shotgun to central point. The cameras are to be mounted on the underside of the soffit and will be fixed position units.

I

i pmed ian my number and will put on here the cameras later which i suggested to ian after he phoned me about 8 pm, after chatting to him for over hour and half, i got to know what he wanted the system to do, ad have advised him accordingly

Hi,

decent DVR, look on fvs-cctv.com, i like the H264 but all are reliable. buy without drives as they tend to come with the hug a tree and kiss a bunny green drives, that are, quite frankly useless.

Install some WD caviar black drives yourself and your good to go.

Dynamic cctv for low light static dome cameras, reliable and well supported.

Sean

A good full HD camera will do the job, as he is looking for vehicle number plate ID,also less camera's required.

I know they are dearer but will save on cost of addittional camer's.

Would have been better to have wired in Cat 5 for IP type as that is the way the industry is going.Still possible to wire to one point for IP if needed.

What do you mean by HD?,

No real way to record anything above D1 without recording the IP stream, all pretty expensive.

I have >D1 cameras and even a thermal imager out back but as I own a CCTV company the cost really isnt an issue, for most peoples homes D1 is more than sufficient.

Regarding Vin capture, the resolution isnt really a factor, the camera placement, recording rate a focal length are the main issues.

I would go for Full HD,which would obviously be on iP.

the reason for the idea as it would save on cost of addittional camera's, as it is a project for his home good example if needed to show future customers.

the vin would be better for playback if he wants to Zoom in on anything without losing the quality.

IP will be the way all systems will go in the near future as the cost is droppping for the kit all the time.

LMAO,

Some people just need numbers, yes the industry is going towards IP, not going to get too into the IT bandwidth required and issues of 2mbps per stream etc etc we are talking about a home installation eg

4 CIF conventional good quality colour mono static =

Latest posts