Advice with Electrolux DISHWASHER

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luckyboy

Reaction score
Hi again,

This time it's a dishwasher! Apparently the water doesn't heat up at all, although it does the full cycle.
The thermostat was replaced already but hasn't made any difference.
I suspect the heater may be at fault but need to run some tests first. I think its a flow through type.
Has anyone had experience with Electrolux dishwashers before? any hints or tips?

Probably the heater element. A cautionary tale:
I replaced mine a few years ago which was straightforward enough except for my unfortunate (or careless !) mishap.
It was a built in unit which had to be removed completely to access anything. I turned it upside down to change the element which was only accessible through a restricted opening from below. Whilst inverted, some stray water found it's way into the control circuit board .......
Cue new dishwasher.

Thanks both. I may be able to get to the heater/pump from the side so hopefully no need to turn it upside down 🙃
Do I test the flow through type the same way I'd test a normal heating element? Continuity and insulation tests

At the end of the day its a heating element in a box, why would you test it abnormally? and what is abnormal?

Just asking as I've never tested one before.
Want to make sure that there aren't any more connections or gotchas before I start removing casing.

How old is the DW? Ditto on the Element being at fault. If 0 Ohms across live and neutral then problem solved. Let us know how you get on.
P.S you can also test the element from the control PCB output to the element so you may not need to fully dismantle. I found most good Elements test out ok between 16 and 22 Ohms.

Ant

Latest posts