advice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colinc

Reaction score
A bit of advice needed I am a self employed sparks for some 21yrs sub contracting to various companies doing large commercial and industrial contracts. I have now decided to start doing my own work a mixture of domestic and industrial work, the question is what is the best body for me to register so I am legal and I can sign the work off.

From various mumblings the niceic is a large bag of horse poo

my boss is with NAPIT and sings their praises ,he was a member of the nic too and elecsa so he says the NAPIT boys are ronseal ( does what it says on the tin ) saved money on them too ,the phone help is second with any questions u have . So my friend as they say the choice is urs ;) :D

Do NAPIT cover Scotland? I have been on there web page and there is nothing on it. I was looking at NIC or SELECT, however with SELECT you must be an approved Electrician, I never done my second log book so still just basic spark ?:| .

I don't want to go with NIC, would have liked to go with SELECT but would need to complete log book and further assessments.

What are the costs of each, I know tha SELECT are about

Hello McGaw.

Baldelectrician has just joined us and I know that he is based in Scotland, However, If my memory serves me correctly - He is Nic registered?

He could tell you if Napit is available is Bonny Scotland - I think.

I cannot see any reason why they ain't?

Hello McGaw.Baldelectrician has just joined us and I know that he is based in Scotland, However, If my memory serves me correctly - He is Nic registered?

He could tell you if Napit is available is Bonny Scotland - I think.

I cannot see any reason why they ain't?
Spoke to Bald when i did 17th, he was there, he is with SELECT and NIC.

Spoke to Bald when i did 17th, he was there, he is with SELECT and NIC.
I see Mate. I remember the Select and Nic now.

Best thing to do is to give Napit a ring and ask them, Mate.

Are you taking it is easy over the Bank Holiday, now Mate?

Was planning to however i have a job to do at 2pm the day, shant take to long thou its only to add 4 double sockets to a existing ring main.

I'm off monday thou so that'll give me time to look over the plans i got for the six flat conversion, and come up with a quote.

Was planning to however i have a job to do at 2pm the day, shant take to long thou its only to add 4 double sockets to a existing ring main. I'm off monday thou so that'll give me time to look over the plans i got for the six flat conversion, and come up with a quote.
Nice Mate.

Good to see you are Busy. :D

Flat 1

3 bed, living, bathroom, shower room, 2 x stores, kitchen and utility

Flat 2

Large entrance hall, 2 bed, kitchen/lounge, Bathroom

Flat 3

2 bed, living, bathroom, en-suite, kitchen,

Flat 4

1 bed, living/kitchen, bathroom, large hall

Flat 5

1 bed, living/kitchen, bathrrom, large hall

Flat 6

3 bed, living, dining, kitchen, very large hall, bathroom

All on 100amp single phase supply at present!!!!

I am fully enrolled with the NICEIC. I didnt want to but gave in after being (wrongly) knocked back by so many insurers, authorities and mortgage lenders. They are no worse money grabbing gits than the others, but are by far the best known by the public.

in all honesty, as far as money grabbing goes its 6 and half a dozen.

as has been said, NIC are by far the best known by joe public.

personally i just pays my money and have nothing more to do with them till next year.!

:)

Must agree with........Steptoe on this one.

Accept that:

NICEIC is most widely known & recognised among joe public.

Nobody except you is looking out for you (irrespective of how much you paid `em!)

To paraphrase steptoe (sorry if it`s painful m8) "pay up & ignore `em for the next twelve months".

QED