Agency Worker

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
had an agency guy today,

specifically asked for someone with industrial knowledge, ie galv,

told them 2391/jib etc didnt matter as long as knew how to work with galv.

3+1/2metres of 20mm conduit with 2bends and 1 angle box from DB to FCU,

8hrs, 3 lengths of conduit, 1 broken die guide, then 1 broken die later and it still hasn't been finished.!!!

FFS,

he admitted to me(at clocking off time) that he hadnt worked with galv for about 3yrs!

he's only just finished his apprentice ship,

so in other words he done it in college and thinks he has industrial knowledge cos he was able to thread a piece of conduit and put a 90 bend on it in an ideal situation.!!!!!

hes already put 5 couplers on the bit he had.

gawd sometimes I just hate this job.... :_| :_| :_| :_|

had an agency guy today,specifically asked for someone with industrial knowledge, ie galv,

told them 2391/jib etc didnt matter as long as knew how to work with galv.

3+1/2metres of 20mm conduit with 2bends and 1 angle box from DB to FCU,

8hrs, 3 lengths of conduit, 1 broken die guide, then 1 broken die later and it still hasn't been finished.!!!

FFS,

he admitted to me(at clocking off time) that he hadnt worked with galv for about 3yrs!

he's only just finished his apprentice ship,

so in other words he done it in college and thinks he has industrial knowledge cos he was able to thread a piece of conduit and put a 90 bend on it in an ideal situation.!!!!!

hes already put 5 couplers on the bit he had.

gawd sometimes I just hate this job.... :_| :_| :_| :_|
You just can`t get the staff these days, mate. All these young whippersnappers, going on about the benefits of plastic conduit, and SSEG; and you still need `em to be able to do bell joints on lead work! :eek:

It`s tough at your age, ain`t it mate?? ]:) ] :)

:^O :^O:^O

Latest posts