alarm and pir light

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dean mac

Reaction score
hi i am goin to look an pir light tomoz that is supposed to go off when the alarm goes off,apparently the light at the front off the house goes off but not the back one.they have changed the lamp but it still dont come one,any ideas what i should look for as not had much to do with alarms many thanks

Dean

are you saying the light should come on when the alarm goes off ???

does the light come on in normal pir conditions ????

if it does then there is a wiring issue between the light and alarm

double check how the working light is wired and go from there

not done much with alarms but thats where i would start

hi lads all ive been told is that the light should come on when the alarm goes off,but will know more when i get there was just looking for pointers as to what to look for cheers

And i agree that there is definitely a relay ( sometimes referred to as an interface) that connects the 240 v and is powered by the 12v alarm power. If one light works i would suggest its a problem with the fitting, not the wiring. I never trust customers to change halogen tubes, 95 % do not insert them correctly and then blame the window cleaner, whom they asked to do it.

And i agree that there is definitely a relay ( sometimes referred to as an interface) that connects the 240 v and is powered by the 12v alarm power. If one light works i would suggest its a problem with the fitting, not the wiring. I never trust customers to change halogen tubes, 95 % do not insert them correctly and then blame the window cleaner, whom they asked to do it.
the window cleaner was to blame it was the lamp lol

I never trust customers to change halogen tubes, 95 % do not insert them correctly and then blame the window cleaner, whom they asked to do it.
HOW can you fit one wrong? So long as you dont touch it I can't see anyway it could go wrong? ?:|

Thats correct. 99.9% of the times i am called out to look at these its the light bulb not correctly installed.
exactly the one end wasnt making a contact keeps us in call outs so who cares lol