Am2

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmo1

Reaction score
Being the cock sure apprentice that I am ;) I decided to read through my am2 manual today, with the exam on monday, oops

2 areas which I am going to struggle with / find challenging are:

1. Making off of an MI cable. Cant find a guide on the net anywhere, and havent done this since year 1......

2. The motor control circuit. Once again no guides anywhere.

Don't know if anyone has done these exams recently that can shed some light onto it, or maybe someone with just some input into it really

Many thanksssss

Hello Elmo.

Welcome to the forum. I will be interested in hearing the replies to this too. :)

Studied the motor diagram today, not quite as bad as my quick glamce suggested. Just a basic start stop circuit pulling in a contactor and inch control which i believe is pre-wired into the remot control station.

The neons still confuse me though as I cannot see how they light upseperatly due to them being on the same s/l cable :s

And mi im thinking will be trial and error when i get there. Lets just hope they have plenty of spare ends handy :p

The motor is pretty straight forward should be no problems with that.

With the neons you have to take a wire from ur A2 terminal to your neutral side of the neon then put a link in between that neutral and the other neutral which is beign used the other neon.

Then take another cable from the 97 terminal to your red trip neon.

Then one from ur 13 terminal to provide ur green run neon.

Hope this explains it thats if u have the circuit diagram hehe. :^O