AM2S Assesment l. Failed Insulation Resistance

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Official3LK

Reaction score
Just done my exam, passed everything except Insulation Resistance...
I can't think how I could've failed because it isn't the hardest thing in the wrold, Tester was on 500V and I tested circuits separately.

Only way I could've failed was how I tested my Ring Final, I wago one leg of ring (L,N,E separately) and tested at other leg.
For FP, I had took fuse out at unswitched spur, but put it back in because Voltage shouldn't have any effect on Fuse and tested there.

Also College got an e-mail from then saying I failed on safe isolation.

Is it worth appealing?
View attachment 13353

The ring final must be tested with it 'closed' as it would be when operational with the cpcs connected to the earth terminal.

Just done my exam, passed everything except Insulation Resistance...
I can't think how I could've failed because it isn't the hardest thing in the wrold, Tester was on 500V and I tested circuits separately.

Only way I could've failed was how I tested my Ring Final, I wago one leg of ring (L,N,E separately) and tested at other leg.
For FP, I had took fuse out at unswitched spur, but put it back in because Voltage shouldn't have any effect on Fuse and tested there.

Also College got an e-mail from then saying I failed on safe isolation.

Is it worth appealing?
View attachment 13353
Hi, what did you do when it came to the motor and did your board include an RCBO?

When trying to pass exams the best bet is to do it precisely the way they taught.

There may be 20 other ways (some equally good) that get the job done but you’ll get no marks for that.