AMD 2 - time to flex your credit cards?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amd3 works will start immediately Amd2 goes to print.
It hasn’t yet.
It’s not the choice of the IET.
It’s the rules for being a member of the IEC.
We are too small a market to ignore the IEC & go our own way.

Well, I see more and more installations being changed but not to the 18th let alone farce called AMD 1. It’s generally the younger types doing this too

but then I don’t really care any more, mortgage free in about 3 months so I’m going to work 12 days a month, drop my cps membership , and do maintenance only work

getting older means choices can be made

I have no mortgage or debt at present, but have a fair few things I’d like to do when I retire so maybe 5years more to earn a nice little nest egg before I slow it down. Still won’t be 60 by then so win win?

Moaning about things you cannot change will age you inwardly, some things in life really do not matter.

Moaning about things you cannot change will age you inwardly, some things in life really do not matter.

continually bending over and being shafted isn’t good either 😂😂

as I stated earlier , I have choices ….

and saying nothing isn’t an option as we are entitled to free speech, and my views will never change

continually bending over and being shafted isn’t good either 😂😂

as I stated earlier , I have choices ….

and saying nothing isn’t an option as we are entitled to free speech, and my views will never change
Of course you are entitled to an opinion but in reality BS7671 for its content is actually quite cheap albeit this may reflect its constant amendments. If you were purchase BS5839:1, BS5839:6 and BS5266:1 which are comics in relation to BS7671 you are looking at over £1k and these are publications anyone undertaking fire alarms and emergency lighting should possess.

Of course you are entitled to an opinion but in reality BS7671 for its content is actually quite cheap albeit this may reflect its constant amendments. If you were purchase BS5839:1, BS5839:6 and BS5266:1 which are comics in relation to BS7671 you are looking at over £1k and these are publications anyone undertaking fire alarms and emergency lighting should possess.

you seriously don’t get it do you?

it’s not about the money, it’s about the far too often updates of poorly written regulations and little or no attempt to sort out earlier errors

the book needs a serious re write, and made far easier to understand , because the newbies don’t have the attention span to digest the aged style of BS 7671

K
I
S
S

it’s not about the money, it’s about the far too often updates of poorly written regulations and little or no attempt to sort out earlier errors

the book needs a serious re write, and made far easier to understand , because the newbies don’t have the attention span to digest the aged style of BS 7671

K
I
S
S
I do get it you are moaning about a new set of Regulations.

K
I
S
S
BS7671 is not easy to follow, had many chats at college about this and everyone agrees but at the end it's shrugged off. They should reorganise everything and put more referrals to other sections so users can find the added comments or regs easier with page numbers. If you use it every day no problem, a lecturer who teaches 18th knows every page but electricians in the field struggle if they are lucky they have a designer within the company who would do the rule part of design prior to work commensing. My take on it only as everyone has differant opinions which is a great thing that's why we chat

BS 7671 itself is written to a set of rules.
These govern the layout, the language used and how the words are structured.
The IET can’t change any of this, they have no authority to do that.

£99 from Amazon ! Then OSG and Guidance note 3 that's £150 gone.

They should give you a discount if you send your old one back. Or at least make the online version way more affordable.

BS 7671 itself is written to a set of rules.
These govern the layout, the language used and how the words are structured.
The IET can’t change any of this, they have no authority to do that.

Well if the IET has its hands tied behind its back who sets the rules - because they need to get into the 21st century

Latest posts