An "Unusual" C.H. system

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evenin` all.

Ok. Here`s the scenario:

We were renting (privately) the detached house we now own. We knew we were going to buy; those who`ve seen my bio. will have an idea why we had to wait......

Anyway. Didn`t want to do anything TOO major, until we bought it. I was given a Rayburn coal fire/back boiler, and a few rads. At the time, I couldn`t sweat copper joints, but was fine with all the rest of the job.

So....We installed a system (2nd hand copper piping, rads, valves, DHW tank etc.) Kept us going until we bought the property.

So. 1st job - C.H./DHW & bathroom renovation.:--

Mrs KME likes a shower every day. I prefer a bath usually. I`m going to need a fairly big bath, cos I`m 6`7".

That knocks a combi boiler off the list then. Good for showers; rubbish for baths.

If I go with a standard boiler & tank, I need a shower pump to provide a decent flow rate on the shower.

What would YOU do in this situation?

Part 2 of the story tomorrow..............:)B)

Is that your waist :eek: you fat git :p
Pots.............

Kettles.............................

Dark colours!

It`s the length of my "thingie", if you MUST know.

:^O :^O:^O

(Those who say "it`s not how much, it`s what you do with it; have ALL got little weiners!) ]:) :^O :^OB)

Pots.............Kettles.............................

Dark colours!

It`s the length of my "thingie", if you MUST know.

:^O
Well if thats the case!

just a standard size bath & just hang it over the side.... ]:)

or fold it in half!!! :eek: :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

Evenin` all.Ok. Here`s the scenario:

We were renting (privately) the detached house we now own. We knew we were going to buy; those who`ve seen my bio. will have an idea why we had to wait......

Anyway. Didn`t want to do anything TOO major, until we bought it. I was given a Rayburn coal fire/back boiler, and a few rads. At the time, I couldn`t sweat copper joints, but was fine with all the rest of the job.

So....We installed a system (2nd hand copper piping, rads, valves, DHW tank etc.) Kept us going until we bought the property.

So. 1st job - C.H./DHW & bathroom renovation.:--

Mrs KME likes a shower every day. I prefer a bath usually. I`m going to need a fairly big bath, cos I`m 6`7".

That knocks a combi boiler off the list then. Good for showers; rubbish for baths.

If I go with a standard boiler & tank, I need a shower pump to provide a decent flow rate on the shower.

What would YOU do in this situation?

Part 2 of the story tomorrow..............:)B)
Fit an electric shower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ]:) ] :) ]:) ] :) ]:)

I WANT PART 2 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

its NOT fair! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

agree with that,

or a mega flow as well,

or a good combi,

if it wont heat a bath then its just a rubbish one anyway,

(oh er, mine is cr4p too, but thats in the pipe line as well)

but in all seriousness you gotta go for a Y plan and leccy shower by the sounds of things.

Part 2. (Thanks for waiting special:p)

By the time we decide to do this; me can solder pipes. Primarily because my "friend" the plumber came in, all pipes cut, prepped, fittings cleaned & ready. Literally ALL he had to do was solder the joints. 5 hrs.

Can I go to bed now? :| or do we get a part three....... ; \

[Part 3. "and then I took it all out and put in leccy storage heaters!":^O:^O:^O:^O]
Going to have to go to bed soon................Forum DOWN today:_| :_| :_|

Wonder if it`ll ever come back up?

Hopefully with a working scoob system? :| :x ? :| ?:| WIZ??????

Morning Gents. KME I just left one for you mate - so they appear to be working. Forum still up as at 11:43 Hrs.