And speaking of squirrels!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
We're in the back garden this morning, the wife, the dog, and me, the dog's sniffing around like she knows somethings in there that shouldn't be, all of a sudden all hell breaks loose!

I hear a loud scurrying noise and this grey squirrel comes flying along the fence, rapidly followed by one very big, very angry, German Shepherd, the squirrel ran the 120 feet along the side fence, swung a hard left, and crossed the 30 feet of the bottom fence, disappearing up a large tree next door!

The dog comes tearing up the garden, collides with a 3 foot tall concrete statue, sending it crashing to the floor, hit's the back fence, and stops, she realises  it's gone  up the tree, but can't quite make it over the 7 foot fence, so jumps onto a tree stump, in an attempt to gain height.

At this point the wife shouts her to stop it, she comes storming back down the garden, sees the fallen ornament and growls under her breath, she then starts grumbling at the wife, it's all her fault, she made no attempt to assist in stopping this intruder, and WHO, knocked the ornament over?

We went back in and the dog wasn't happy, huffing and puffing, a few hours later, we go back out, the dog does a full check of the sheds, and the perimeter, It's always the wife's fault, she's no good chasing cats, or it would appear squirrels, and she doesn't chase flies either!

The dog is seriously wondering why she bothers keeping this person, dad kills flies, dad's even taken her chasing burglars, and let her bite one, dad even dealt with a spiky hedgehog, when it made a visit, then she remembers, "oh yes, mum,s pretty handy with a tin opener.lol

No doubt she'll be growling and snarling again in her sleep tonight!

Hmmm, not good, sounds like you are dogs favorite owner and wife is seen as a challenger - you need to nip that in the bud before dog tries to attack wife.

Finn is recovering from a hernia operation. He also had to get the snip. Apparently his prostate was giving bother and the cause of his constipation. I feel really bad about this. I was dreaming (nightmare) last night of losing my own balls.

IMG-20170824-WA0002.jpg

Hmmm, not good, sounds like you are dogs favorite owner and wife is seen as a challenger - you need to nip that in the bud before dog tries to attack wife.
No real problem with the wife, she'll actually defend her if push comes to shove, but she's not fond of her, it's one of those, she tolerates her but doesn't really love her.

Latest posts