Another newbie

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdev99

Reaction score
Hi to all,

Electrician from Hemel Hempstead, also interested in electronics, plc's, HAM radio and valve amplifiers.

Joe

Hi to all,

Electrician from Hemel Hempstead, also interested in electronics, plc's, HAM radio and valve amplifiers.

Joe

Welcome to the forum, can we assume you are of a more mature age, by your mention of HAM radio & valve amplifies?

Possibly from the era when 'on-line' hadn't been invented. And 'mail-order' involved a written sheet with an enclosed cheque or postal-order, and you were advised to wait up to 28days for delivery?  

Doc H 

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum, can we assume you are of a more mature age, by your mention of HAM radio & valve amplifies?

Possibly from the era when 'on-line' hadn't been invented. And 'mail-order' involved a written sheet with an enclosed cheque or postal-order, and you were advised to wait up to 28days for delivery?  

Doc H 

Not very old, 53, but yes, those were the days, except had to wait more like 70 days for a mail order because of my location. Another example of those days, when I did my electrical apprenticeship, I received a top class multimeter, an analogue Hioki. Digital meters was a rarity and only the "electronic engineers" had some. When I passed my trade test and qualified as an electrician, my manager gave me a big present, on old 2nd hand Lutron digital meter. 😃

Joe