Another one for the Black Museum!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Sworld

Electrical Technician
Reaction score
Look what I found today!

Burn, baby, burn!

I think a cleaner plugged in a hoover into an extension lead that already had 10A of gear on it.

The rcd had tripped so they must of gone back to find out what happened and pulled the plug out (almost!). There is no sign of the extension lead!

Nice one

The thing that grips my s**t is that it could have caused a house fire.

reported in the media as an electrical fault

Part P ????? no covered

Guys...remember the all important safe zones,, regs etc

the extension leads are exempt !!!

Have you been at the daughter`s house? That looks suspiciously like the socket that matches my plug............(oooh er!)

MRS KME won`t be happy - she doesn`t even know your first name yet!

Seriously - another bad one :( Seem to be seeing more & more of this type of thing. Don`t people have common sense anymore, or is there another factor?

When I was @ school a caretaker melted a 50m extension lead running some kind of warm water floor washer fully wound!
This nearly happened on site the other day when young lad was running a wallpaper stripper on coiled up extension - I was surprised how hot it was, and he had only been going 20 mins.

Have you been at the daughter`s house? That looks suspiciously like the socket that matches my plug............(oooh er!)MRS KME won`t be happy - she doesn`t even know your first name yet!

Seriously - another bad one :( Seem to be seeing more & more of this type of thing. Don`t people have common sense anymore, or is there another factor?
Old houses not enough sockets is the main culprit

old guy i know replaces kitchens but doesnt bother getting more sockets put in....normally there is only one double above the work top :_|

This is from work! Not a house.

I think a agency cleaner plugged into a socket that was supplying a catering point. Problem is whoever it was didn't unplug other items of equipment.

Also I'm a little peeved that they didn't report it! They made a mistake but it's not going to get you sacked. It's much more dangerous to of left it than condition! Thank god for RCD's!

reminds me of something i found a while back. rather than fit a plug to the cable... they stripped the end of the cable so there was about 25mm of copper, put over pins of socket doubler, then plugged in (its a bodge, remember. so no earth connected!)

after i removed the socket doubler, the flex was still jammed in socket

and the best part... 3 sockets in the same room had the same damage... it burned out at one.... so they went to another..... then another....

IIRC, this extension fed a F/F and a W/M in utility room

Image018.jpg

Image020.jpg