Another query , non - electrical

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me on what these cylinders are ?     They are like miniature vacuum flasks  .   This is NOT the surface of Mars  but a car park where I walk the growler ,  theres always a pile of these things  along with Coke cans  & Macky Dee  cartons ,  all around where a car has parked ,  often right by the litter bins  but with the usual  lack of respect for our precious  open spaces  , its all dumped from the car because obviously some other sod will have clean up after them  &  that litter bin must be at least  8 feet away . 

Only a few in the photo including my feet  but theres about 70 - 80  there .   Bloody hate litter and its always certain types that dump it  , at this place anyway .

Oh OK  you've twisted my arm ...I'll name them .    Families go here , kids fly kites,  have pick-nicks etc  and the middle classes and me  walk their dogs ...and strangely ..they don't drop litter  .     So avoiding the racist card its always ,  white teenagers , usually four in a car , smoking rancid  Aardvark  droppings  or Asian looking youths doing much the same   before  having to engage their  4 wheel drive to  reverse over the mountain of shytte  , fag ends  and these strange glass cylinders before leaving  .  

So what the hell are they ?    Enlighten an old fool.      And YES  I am wearing my Victor Meldrew flat cap today........ "  Margaret!!!   look at this ...I don't believe it !!!!"

IMG_20191229_143428.jpg

IMG_20191229_143652.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
12 gram gas cartridges by the looks of it. they come in various gases, i.e co2 used in paintball markesr, air guns etc. but id be going with they are nitrous oxide...

Thanks Tony ,  they're inhaling the stuff then .   Wonder how that mixes with weed ?   Wonder how their driving is afterwards. ?  Who cares , as long as they don't kill anyone else .   Bloody prats. 

Thanks Tony ,  they're inhaling the stuff then .   Wonder how that mixes with weed ?   Wonder how their driving is afterwards. ?  Who cares , as long as they don't kill anyone else .   Bloody prats. 

It’s less harmful than methamphetamines which is rife around here, as is ketamine along with other nasties.

Why anyone would take ketamine for fun is beyond me, it’s a horse tranquiliser! That said, it’s the only anaesthetic that works on me, pethidine has no effect.

Yep, nitrous oxide..

Still have no fear folks. I work in a NHS psychiatric hospital and i can tell you that darwinism is slowly catching up with them. They make themselves psychotic and are them basically locked up for life..

Business is booming on the wards....

john..

I have got a BOC account. Presumably i could just go and get an oxy bottle sized bottle of it?? We have got tons in work, mixed with oxygen 50/50% They send it out to peoples houses that want to have a kid at home..

john..

Last edited by a moderator:
No.. I have seen vast piles of them dumped about, usually round the back of deserted buildings and that sort of stuff.. Either someone has an awful lot of flat tyres in the same place, or it is the druggies..

I cannot see the  attraction of the stuff.. I have had nitrous oxide in the dentists.. I was not falling about laughing or even in the least bit amused.. Likewise with the girls having babies with entonox, never seen any looking happy about it..

john..

View attachment 10407

View attachment 10409

Laughing gas!  :pmsl1:

Want some? Still have a contact from 15 years ago! 

Hyperventilate with NO2 in a balloon and if you don't pass out you will be laughing for about 2mins and loose a fair few brain cells in the process.