Anothers cock up

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Got a cu to change so dropped in to customers, to do a quick test prior to swap next week.

Cover off...Hmm harmonised colours on ring but only a 20amp mcb (oh what problems will I find)?

customer pipes up " oh the last electrican put those cables in when they fitted the kitchen, that fuse always trips when I have the kettle on at the same time as the washing machine & dryer"

r2 = 0.92

rn = 0.51

r1 = 42

Thats the largest r1 I've seen for a while.

looked at the kitchen all integrated appliances no isolation above worktops :_|

No ccu for oven/hob again all integrated units, so gotta dismantle kitchen to test circuit :_|

Service head & meter hanging off the wall & fuse carrier + neutral link casing cracked, uninsulated live components on show, all this is at floor level in the lounge not boxed & the couple living here have a 2 yearold wandering about :eek:

They just couldnt grasp how dangerous it is.

Oh deep joy...told em they gotta get the service head sorted before I'll do anything on the cu.

Time for another beer!!!!! :D

seajayess

Reaction score
The r1 reading must be bad connection somewhere as that reading would equate to around 5668 meters in lenth CJS :)

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
The r1 reading must be bad connection somewhere as that reading would equate to around 5668 meters in lenth CJS :)
Yes I know & you can just bet a months money it's behind the integrated kitchen kit. :(

The Godfather

Retired
Reaction score
Once you know there is a problem with the service HED, then any other work is academic.

(Until resolved)

The Boys

(Don's back soon)

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Once you know there is a problem with the service HED, then any other work is academic.(Until resolved)

The Boys

(Don's back soon)
Thats what I told the customer. SSE are attending Wednesday to change the hed/meter & fit an isolator.