Anyone here got a Philips HTS3357 surround sound system?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. I have a Philips CS3357E surround sound system and I was wondering if the connectors are only compatible with a particular Philips device or if I'm missing something. Can you help? And what was the favour you wanted to ask?

Nobody else replied then, and I cannot remember exactly what my problem was. I do recall I bought a second one from ebay and made one good one out of the 2, and it is still working now.

Nobody else replied then, and I cannot remember exactly what my problem was. I do recall I bought a second one from ebay and made one good one out of the 2, and it is still working now.
Ok glad to hear it. Can you offer any advice re my question?

Attachments

• IMG_20220104_140832.jpg
    IMG_20220104_140832.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220105_091728.jpg
    IMG_20220105_091728.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 2
I am not sure what you are asking. the speaker Plugs are colour coded to help you get the right one in the right socket. But you have 2 different sizes. If you are trying to fit the speakers from one system to a different unit you will have to use the speaker plugs that came with the unit, which will probably mean cutting the cables and re joining them, which I would do with solder and heat shrink sleeving.

I am not sure what you are asking. the speaker Plugs are colour coded to help you get the right one in the right socket. But you have 2 different sizes. If you are trying to fit the speakers from one system to a different unit you will have to use the speaker plugs that came with the unit, which will probably mean cutting the cables and re joining them, which I would do with solder and heat shrink sleeving.
The connectors are all the same size, I was just wondering what this system is compatible with. Does it have to be a Philips DVD/Blue Ray player? Forgive my ignorance, I just haven't seen connectors like this and I want to test the item. Thanks