Approved testing bodies

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuze-box

Reaction score
If you were to join one of the following bodies which would be the best and why? ?:|

ELECSA

or

NAPIT

If you were to join one of the following bodies which would be the best and why? ?:| ELECSA

or

NAPIT
None of the above, reason being they don't do Scotland.

I know thats not helpful but thought i'd post it anyway. :^O :^O

I have looked at nappit, Elecsa & nic.

Found Elecsa to be most friendly,more electrician focused than customer focused.

Have my assesment in 2 weeks with Elecsa

I have looked at nappit, Elecsa & nic.Found Elecsa to be most friendly,more electrician focused than customer focused.

Have my assesment in 2 weeks with Elecsa
Surely customer focused is a good thing?

I went with NIC; for two reasons:

1. They are the most widely known of all the scam providers, by your average Joe Bloggs.

2. A lot of councils, housing associations etc. Will only accept NIC certs. My certs are pronted out on plain paper with powersuite; but, When I do work for them, I HAVE to submit NIC forms.

Yes, they are designed to look after the customer first, but is that a bad thing? NONE of the providers is interested in you, once they`ve got their grubby little mitts on your dosh.

Just my opinion, of course................................. :D

oh i agree to an extent.

All their about is money making. They are all businesses now arn't they.

I'm also a diving instructor, and all my controlling body of that is only intrested in making the dosh..

like all of them.

As the pirates used to say

"Take as mauch as you can,& give nothing back".

At the end of the day,they provide a service and thats it. If we didn't have to use them we wouldn't...