Approved testing bodies

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuze-box

Reaction score
If you were to join one of the following bodies which would be the best?

ELECSA

or

NAPIT

Out of Those two - I'd go for Napit as a personal preference ONLY.

Unfortuanately, If I wanted Council and Insurance (Amongst others) work, then I would have to go for NICEIC. The other bodies are slowly becoming recognised - But too slowly, if you ask me. :(

Out of Those two - I'd go for Napit as a personal preference ONLY.Unfortuanately, If I wanted Council and Insurance (Amongst others) work, then I would have to go for NICEIC. The other bodies are slowly becoming recognised - But too slowly, if you ask me. :(
I always wondered if that was actually legal to specify a single body like that.

Its some sort of monopoly.

Employers can get done for ageism, sexism, etc etc is this NICism?

Call it what you may, Nicky - I call it freedom of speech mate.

Are you with the NIC?

I have heard several horror stories from people who have left the NIC. Are they NICist too?

:D

Look at it this way.

If a load of Peugeot owners said that their cars were expensive and the customer care was Carp, and that they can have a similar model, more reliable and cheaper elswhere and with customer service that answer their phones and are helpful.

I would go to the second place.
wink.gif

** EXT15 ** Note that I have a Wink Smiley there.
wink.gif

Have you got the wrong end of my stick there Wizo.

Yes i am with the NIC but it is a case of having to be cos the contracts specify the NIC. I wish I could go to a different scheme, i just think that it should be illegal for them to specify the NIC and exclude all the other legitimate schemes.

At least i dont have a peugeot.

Have you got the wrong end of my stick there Wizo.Yes i am with the NIC but it is a case of having to be cos the contracts specify the NIC. I wish I could go to a different scheme, i just think that it should be illegal for them to specify the NIC and exclude all the other legitimate schemes.

At least i dont have a peugeot.
]:)

:^O

I believe I did, Sorry. :(

]:) :^O

I believe I did, Sorry. :(
I wish you'd get the wrong end of the stick when doing my medication WW!! :|

stick it in your own arm not mine! ; \

those needles hurt.... :_| :_| :_| :_|

I am sure you can provide an equivalent in a soluble form I can drink?? :D

but you just love inflicting pain!!!X( X( ]:) ] :) ]:)

Bet KME gets soluble doesn't he???? ?:|