Aptitude test

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_mouse

Reaction score
Hi guys, my first post, so here goes, im not a spark but work in cable manufacture and now i want a career change so went to my local college to apply for the C&G 2330 course. i was informed i need to pass a numeracy and literature test which i passed then out of the blue i was told i needed to pass an aptitude test wich i sat last week (not had results yet).

During that test it was pretty clear i was totally unprepared for it (being many years since sitting an exam!), as i worked through the paper i was starting to get the hang of it, but didn't have enough time to go over my answers.

sorry its long winded, here is my question: is there anywhere that i can get some aptitude test papers so i can practice and get the hang of em preferably relating to electrical installation? got a feeling i may have to re-apply next year:( :(

Don't be so negative. Things may be fine :) Was this specific to electrical or just a general aptitude test? Have you asked the college if they have any past or sample papers?

BTW welcome to the forums, It's all very friendly here. Somebody is bound to be able to help you better than I can :^O

beer? Guiness Drink

Hi thanks for the reply, i was expecting a general aptitude test but it was totally electrical based! basically revolved around an underwater observation dome and asked questions on its wiring circuits.

sorry if this is on the wrong section just seen Student learning zone! :eek:

Hi thanks for the reply, i was expecting a general aptitude test but it was totally electrical based! basically revolved around an underwater observation dome and asked questions on its wiring circuits.sorry if this is on the wrong section just seen Student learning zone! :eek:
Admin will move it if they see fit! Why not go and introduce yourself here http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Hi Mouse,

I take it that you are an adult learner? If so, It is very unusual for adult learners to have to sit these tests. These tests are aimed at school leavers (and on Full Time courses).

Are you doing it Full or Part Time?

Hi Mouse,I take it that you are an adult learner? If so, It is very unusual for adult learners to have to sit these tests. These tests are aimed at school leavers (and on Full Time courses).

Are you doing it Full or Part Time?
Hi Admin, i am indeed an adult learner and hoping to do the course on a part time basis.

Hi TM, Then I can't understand as to why they are making you do these tests. :(

Maybe its just for the college to get an idea of what you know so they can steer you in the right direction or offer advice on anything you may need to do before signing up?

Maybe its just for the college to get an idea of what you know so they can steer you in the right direction or offer advice on anything you may need to do before signing up?
Hi emf, it did seem as if the course was over subscribed, but i feel that a general aptitude test would have been a lot fairer way of whittling down the numbers! The tutor who took the exam did say preference would be given to those already in the trade.

Perhaps then at the moment there is high demand for these courses. However dont give up keep trying and best of luck

Hi EMF, There is always a huge demand for sparking courses which leads to "waiting lists". Well, It is down here anyway.

Was Plumbing at one time. (Waiting List).

Hi Admin. Yes same here in Derby aswell. I was lucky and sighned on early straight after I finished my pat testng course. That way I got to know some of the tutors as well

Hi Admin. Yes same here in Derby aswell. I was lucky and sighned on early straight after I finished my pat testng course. That way I got to know some of the tutors as well
;)

just to let you know, i had a letter this morning informing me that i was successful and start on the 19th September:D :D

Excellent Mate - Well done. Applaud Smiley

just to let you know, i had a letter this morning informing me that i was successful and start on the 19th September:D :D
Welk done that man!! Lets all have a beer!!

Guiness Drink

Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

Ooops, Over did it with the booze again!!Blushing

Wonder howmany I can drink before my computer sh*ts itself?