Aqua dial water conditioners

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have any of you guys had any dealings with these devices they are plastic and the water runs through them. They are supposed to condition hard water. The job that i have been doing has one of these devices on the main. The main earth to the water is on the consumers side so the metal water pipe is no longer acting as an earth. I know you don't use water pipe as earth but the rod outside is 150 ohms. with a cross bond across this device there is a 10 ohm earth at main. Any thoughts customer says device dosen't seem to work anyway. I took a few pictures but file is to big to post.

batty

mixed opinions to whether devices like that actually work.

Ideally you want to get ur Ra lower - although depends if ur going for iet or nic values?

Just bond over it :)

I have moved earth rod as customer wanted it put behind garage. Managed to get it down to 64 ohms. But not sure if bonding across device wil stop it working. As I said customer dosen't seem to think it works anyway. I think the only guaranteed way to soften water is a water softner.

batty

I cannot see that the type of pipe or if earth continuity is around it has any affect on how this thing works..

i.e. wot if it is supplied by plastic pipes? no electrical continuity either side?

so just strap past it with a bit of earth wire & two clamps!! ;)