AVG 8.0 (free version)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extension15

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody using this version of AVG yet?

Well it has slowed my PC right down, the log in screen (after entering my password), can take 25 seconds...

Evening opening a pdf file, it has to give it some serious thought:|

A search on the net reveals quite an indifferent response from many PC users.

Still you can't be without a program like this or a firewall for serious internet users, like myself:D

i dont have it ...but what does yr task manager show

it might be eating your memory

hence why its slow

i dont have it ...but what does yr task manager showit might be eating your memory

hence why its slow
The view from many users on the net, is that this 'Vista' style format version isn't ready yet............

(So I'll expect some updates to resolve???)

Think i might uninstall, just to prove the point..

Any other free virus checkers out there, worth installing?

:|

I had the same problem, check the settings, you'll probably find it's doing an antivirus check automatically on start up. Change the schedule so it only runs once a week!

Regards,

Joel

I had the same problem, check the settings, you'll probably find it's doing an antivirus check automatically on start up. Change the schedule so it only runs once a week!Regards,

Joel
Good Advice there Joel.

A

I had the same problem, check the settings, you'll probably find it's doing an antivirus check automatically on start up. Change the schedule so it only runs once a week!Regards,

Joel
thanks, I'll check that out later and confirm..

;)

I have 8 on my shed pc, seems OK and believe me that pc is ancient and really really slow.

really should put linux or summat on it to speed it up a bit TBH. (any ideas?)

I have 7.5 on my laptop and it keeps telling me there is a fault on some file somewhere when i try to upgrade to 8, ?:| so it wont upgrade. :(

what I would suggest is to back up all your files and re format your hard drive.

you will then be able to install the new software.

you should also find it will start to run faster.

A deep clean for your pc as happens.

craig:)

I use ESET's NOD 32, an awesome AV system.

It does cost some money, but it wont break the bank and it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Ok guys,

I've posted a few things on this net but really really listen to this.

Forget all the AVG and norton etc. Oh and by the way if you haven't already been told FORGET MICROSOFT.

This is my all time best recommendation for protecting your PC against all types of threats

It does not cost much it protects against all manor of attacks and best of all it does not kill processing power or memory.

Read what other say as well as me....

http://www.pcdoctor-guide.com/wordpress/?p=4804

Well recommended